Fed up with Business and management

How do you guys get good marks in Business Management? My teacher refuses to give us any resources and lectures solely out of the book. I've yet to recieve a high mark in the class. How do you answer structured questions well? It seems I am forced to ramble and therefore get a poor score....

Advice please!

• 2 weeks later...

i hattee business ! though it is an easy course and im aiming for a 7 ! but the case studies are soo boring and i dont get really good marks ! they are average nearly 15/20 ! even though i study it good and i answer good in the exam ! i dont know why

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suppose i shouldn't brag, but i recon my B&M Teacher is awesome. He works from the book we have, but he's more than happy to write notes if we ask for them. He also mixes up what we're doing in the text book with stories so it's a little easier to remember.

We don't really get resources as such, but it's really early days for me (My exams are 2010), but he has quite clearly said that he's marking according to the IB criterion.

The one thing he's trying at the moment with us is that he's given us an old exam article (about Organix i think) and we're writing questions based on what we've done in the textbook so far, and to build on it as we go further through. I suspect we'll get a new one (that is to say another old exam article) next term and have to do the same thing again, just to keep us on our toes (this is in addition to tests).

@IhateTOK:
I know that my BM book comes with unit (and chapter) review questions, and my teacher gets us to do them and then hands out the answers after so that we can compare our answers with the author's (and ofcourse the author's are a hell of a lot more detailed - compare 5 or 6 handwritten lines to half a typed page). This helps us to work out how to add extra content to our answers.
Does your text book have a similar thing in it? Perhaps going through it like this may help you to answer structured questions better.

BAM is my favourite subject just because of the fact that my teacher is like heaven in a folder, he gives us notes printed on sheets (my bible) when it comes to exams you just read these and your in. I average about 87% maybe thats just because I dont try to learn it like math, there is no real answer, I put myself into the shoes of a person that owns a business, remember you are not just talking about what a theoretical company can do, you should really apply it to real life if you can. That's my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Busines and management is a fun topic, just because my teacher is so funny. He is funny but we never get off track and he is always more than happy to explain things more clearly if we have issues or problems. I am averaging about 79.99 percent but I am only awarded a 6 because 80 percent is a 7. you need to try and enjoy it and you will find it so much easier and more enjoyable. To be honest, when I started I loathed business but as time progressed, I began to enjoy it more and more especially the good scores came rolling in.