Have you ever heard of Toefl math?

nakoalla

Hello there. I am going to take Toefl in order to go to american university.

I was just wondering if there is Toefl maths test? If not

then does university look at my maths grade?

If they see that my subject choice is maths studies then do they look down on me?

Please help thanks!

AH ! and If there is no such thing as Toefl maths test, then how would they test me ? (SAT have English, Maths tests . How about Toefl?)

Have you heard of it? No. Have I heard of it? No. Does it exist? No. Think about the absurdity of your question. TOEFL: [b]T[/b]est [b]O[/b]f [b]E[/b]nglish as a [b]F[/b]oreign [b]L[/b]anguage.

I don't know where you get the idea of a TOEFL Maths test.

If a university wishes to test your Mathematical ability, they have IB Maths (that is if you're a diploma student) and if you don't have that, then there is the SAT I Maths section, or there is the SAT Subject Maths Tests which has a Level I and a Level II.

As far as I know, there are certain degrees you can't even go for with Math Studies- anything in the sciences, business, engineering, and a bunch more. If you are applying to an American university, you MUST take your SATs. The TOEFL is just for them to make sure you're rather fluent. In any case, SAT English is harder than the TOEFL, so if you do well on your SATs, there's no reason why you shouldn't do well on your TOEFL. As to how they test your math, if they want it, they'll ask for it. Usually they'll look at your high school marks, or if you're going to the States and the program needs math, they'll ask you to do the SAT II.

PS. I love the lowercase letters :)