Starbucks

Bee =3

Hi,

I'm doing my EE in economics, and my question is:

DOES THE METHODOLOGY OF THE BIG MAC INDEX WORK WITH STARBUCKS?

well, that's the draft anyway,,, so if anybody has suggestions about how to improve upon the questions, you're welcome.

But, the point of this topic is in fact to ask all the people who are from different parts of the world, if you have starbucks in your country, how much does a caffe latte cost?

Hence, I'd be needing,

COUNTRY

(city, if possible)

PRICE OF CAFFE LATTE (tall)

asap ..

thanks so much for your help!

Bee

EDIT:

Argelia

Malaysia

Mexico

Bahamas

Netherlands

Bahrein

New Zealand

Oman

Bulgaria

Phillipines

Denmark

Portugal

Egypt

Russia

Ireland

Saudi Arabia

Jordan

Thailand

Kuwait

Turkey

Lebanon

United Arab Emirates

these are the countries that i'm missing..

if you live in any of the above, or have any friend/contacts who you could ask for info,

could you please find out even if u don't like starbucks????

Edited by bee21192

I am from Toronto, Canada, and we do have Starbucks. A whole lot of them, actually. There's a particular intersection with a Starbucks on each of the four corners.

I have no idea how much a Latte costs, since I never go there. Also, I unfortunately don't take economics (boo, my school doesn't offer it) so I can't confirm your question. Best of luck.

US

Ohio Airport

Venti Vanilla skinny latte - 4.95$

US

Tampa

Venti Vanilla skinny Latte - 4.15$

US

Daytona Beach

tall latte - 3.05$ I think

US

Vancouver

I think 3.50 in us money

US

New York

Triple Chocolate Latte + whipcream - 5.65$

Will update when I remember more :] Hope I helped :P

i was thinking of using the exchange rate of each country and relate it to PPP (purchasing power parity) and so determine, according to the starbucks index if the currency of a country is overrated or underrated, and then, comparing the SB index with the BM one to determine whether the former is a good index in itself..

haha no worries.. i think i can still do it.. i mean, i'm gonna have to write 4000 words which is quite a bit more.. so i'll be adding different things as well. let's hope..

but i really need people to just pop into any starbucks nearby and get the prices of the lattes.. cos without them , i can't do the essay.. :)

Tall Caffe Latte actually costs 3 dollars on Toronto. I entered a Starbucks for the first time today, and I immediately thought of you :)

To help with your research (and to save you from having to rely on people giving your prices) why don't you buy an international phone card? Then, you could go on the internet, find locations world-wide and give them a call. Just make sure you call places that speak English/a language you can converse in.

Edited by LinuxBeta

Tall Caffe Latte actually costs 3 dollars on Toronto. I entered a Starbucks for the first time today, and I immediately thought of you :(

To help with your research (and to save you from having to rely on people giving your prices) why don't you buy an international phone card? Then, you could go on the internet, find locations world-wide and give them a call. Just make sure you call places that speak English/a language you can converse in.

actually that's not a bad idea.. i could call through skype as well..

only thing is, i'd have to calculate the time difference but haha no biggie