Why isn't there a Biology Study Guide 2009?

Hedron123

Is thiis the one you say?: http://www.amazon.ca/Biology-IB-Diploma-St...e/dp/0199151431. "This guide has been updated to meet the needs of students taking the IB Diploma Programme Biology from 2007. It is highly illustrated and concepts are precisely and clearly described. Higher level material is clearly indicated. All option material is covered. Students can use this book not only as a revision and practice guide for the exam but for learning and reinforcing concepts throughout the course". It's not fully updated :)

Is thiis the one you say?: http://www.amazon.ca/Biology-IB-Diploma-St...e/dp/0199151431. "This guide has been updated to meet the needs of students taking the IB Diploma Programme Biology from 2007. It is highly illustrated and concepts are precisely and clearly described. Higher level material is clearly indicated. All option material is covered. Students can use this book not only as a revision and practice guide for the exam but for learning and reinforcing concepts throughout the course". It's not fully updated :)

I use it and if you're doing exams this May/Nov it's up to date.

Assuming that the syllabus hasn't changed for 2010, it's good for then, too.

The old version of this for the previous syllabus had a seagull on the cover-- I have that too (:

I'm pretty certain it says "from 2007" because it's for students taking Biology from 2007 onwards. Meaning the first exams are 2009. Which all adds up, because the new syllabuses (is that a word?) are sometimes referred to as the new 2007 syllabuses. Even though there haven't been any exams on it yet.

i.e. go buy your study guide. It's a life saver.

there is a new book for Biolgoy IB. My friend was friends with the author, he is local here, and it has already been published. Its Orange with the famous man in the circle with 2-D 4 arms thingy in white outline. It is sooooo good. It has so many illustrations and more. My teacher already has it. It's suppose to come out soon officially. I will get the name of the book tomorrow, and post it here.

• 2 weeks later...
what I've heard is that they republish the study guides every 4 years, which kind of stinks if you want one that is updated each year but what can we do about that. <_<

Well, you don't need a new textbook every year since the syllabus changes every few years... which is when they republish it. I'm pretty sure the orange tiger book/green leaf book are for the May 2009 session as they follow the syllabus closely. Contrast this to the blue bird book and you'll see differences in material covered.