SAT 1 which book should I use?

HJ:)

i agree with whoever recommended princeton review.

i've tried barron's, collegeboard and princeton and i stick to the last one..

one specific advantage i found it had over others was that in the practice exams it gives u an exact score, rather than a range, whcih is much more frustrating.. ^^

I would certainly go with Barron's. It gives useful techniques and better practice compared to the others I have used. It also has a full word list. It's the best I have seen!

I first tried Princeton Review and I feel it was useless. Wasted my money on it. The College Board book is also OK but it doesn't have a word list.

I agree with sriraj317, I thought the Princeton Review book was pretty much useless. I especially disliked the whole Joe Bloggs scenario.. Maybe it works for you, so try it if you wish.

Barron's SAT is way to go! The material may be slightly difficult than the sort of questions you encounter on the SAT but it will prepare you well. Do the practice tests from the blue CB book :wtf:

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would use the Blue Book and Barron's preparing for the SAT for the tips that are in there, they have some great information and advice on each section that I found helpful. I would use the Princeton review just for the practice tests that they have.

Some colleges require SAT2 while others recommend it while others don't care. The unis that are harder to get into require or strongly recommend it. Harvard requires 3 and MIT requires 2. Check their websites for which ones they ask you to take [one science and one math, at least] as well as for other requirements.