Word! webzine

Mr. Shiver

So my best friend started an online magazine sometime last year and we've been trying to promote it for a while now. It's called "Word!" and it's sort of like an avenue for young opinions. I have a feeling some of you here would find the zine of great interest.

The most recent March issue is our best one yet. It has articles on abortion, tween sexualization by the media, and democracy, among other things. If you have the time, I'd also love for you to check out my article on Islamic history revisionism, I'm really proud of it.

Feel free to write something for us!

http://wordwebzine.com/

Discuss.

I must say, Shiver, that was a rather pleasant read, considering. I was quite happy with the quality of writing, and of the attention to reasoning and justification in the more argumentative articles. The fact that you chose to publish different perspectives on abortion in the same issue was also a notably decent thing to do, considering I've yet to see two mature articles on that subject placed side by side, when the views are different.

I'd consider submitting for this after I get out of IB exams in may, but as it is now, that's definitely a new bookmark. Props to everyone involved.

I love it! Its really cool.. I'm reading your article right now and came across this:

“The Qur’an claims for itself that it is ‘mubeen,’ or clear, but if you look at it, you will notice that every fifth sentence or so simply doesn’t make sense. Many Muslims will tell you otherwise, of course, but the fact is that a fifth of the Qur’anic text is just incomprehensible.”

I'm not being defensive or anything, but What to they mean when they say the fifth sentence doesnt make sense? I'm just wondering.

Oh, in other words he's saying that about a fifth of the Qur'an is not remotely clear. That could mean variously that it's ambiguous, ambivalent, and/or self-contradictory, among other things. Or that the style of language used seems to come from sources other than traditionally believed.

Oh hey Shark, I only just noticed your post. I was in a rush when I replied this morning, haha.

It's gotten better over the months, I think. Our Valentine's issue was pretty good too. The thing is, though, my best friend in Chicago does most of the editing and administration on her own, and it's been taking a toll on her. So I would suggest that if you want to write something, you should consider doing it sooner than later because the April/May issue might be the last one for a while.

Edited by Aboo