I need help with an Essay (not for IB though).

[quote name='Hedron123' post='43228' date='Apr 14 2009, 12:26 AM']Hey, I have an essay due tomorrow. The title is: "Society has become absolutely dependent on technological devices. Does this speak of a [i]wise[/i] society?" Any commentary is appreciated! Thanks.[/quote]

In my opinion the question refers to a society which is unwise because of the word 'absolutely' dependent on technological devices. You have to refer to how technology can take over our life style and our capability of being innovative or something along those lines. If a society happens to be absolutely dependant, than that means that the beings constituting that society has undergone some kind of devolution perhaps? I think it's a good idea you include a litterary device such as a rhetorical question. Talk about the impact it will have as well. Provide an argument stating the contrary to your actual thesis, so if for instance you decide to say it makes a society unwise, state that it might allow a society to become more wise as technology can take care of the necessary and tedious jobs that can hinder the happening of a more important event. Provide an alternative perhaps?

I hope this helped to get you going.