Personality Tests

meh

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Dad, who normally has no respect for the social sciences, strangely puts all his faith into the Myers-Briggs test, but I never took it until now. Turns out I'm an ENTP. That's 3.2% of the population. Groovy.

Extroverted (E) 75% Introverted (I) 25%

Intuitive :P 64.1% Sensing (S) 35.9%

Thinking (T) 58.33% Feeling (F) 41.67%

Perceiving (P) 78.79% Judging (J) 21.21%

I wish we were offered psych as well :/

Edited by tenaciousdan

I LOVE myers brigg. I'm an ISTP. :P I love the description they gave because of how perfect it was for me:

"People like you are quiet, serious, and independent. You are super-observant but keep most of your reactions, thoughts, and opinions to yourself. When you do speak, you tend to be literal, matter-of-fact, and honest, and avoid small talk. People see you as totally calm and even tempered, and even your family and closest friends rarely know what you're feeling. When you do speak your mind, you are truthful to the point of bluntness. You may be baffled about why people take offense or otherwise react emotionally, and you may sometimes think relationships are too complex and confusing. Because you are naturally private, you avoid big social gatherings and would rather spend time alone or with a good friend, actively pursuing a particular interest. You enjoy the outdoors, physical activities, or adventures that have a certain element of risk. You approach problems with curiosity logic, and skill, it's very likely you're good with your hands.

You are also an easy going and casual person who doesn't like a lot of rules, structure, or restrictions on your freedom. You like to explore, have fun, and follow your impulses rather than live by any one else's expectations or standards. Since you prize your independence, you rarely impose yourself or your beliefs on other people. While you are amazingly adaptive and able to turn on a dime, you often have trouble making decisions or following through on projects that don't interest you. Sometimes you get distracted and forget your commitments. But luckily, you are so resourceful that you are often able to improvise your way out of jams."

I've taken a few personality 'quizzes' before - you know, those short, informal ones you can find on Facebook or whatnot. I never really liked/agreed with them, because they often asked very obvious questions and the results never really tell you antyhing you don't know. But recently in our Career and Life Management (CALM) class, which is a localized mandatory course similar to health I suppose, we took a personality test that has an extensive amount of research behind it. It's called the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - has anyone taken this test before? I found my results very enlightening and thought that the descriptions were fairly accurate. What are your opinions on personality tests? If you've taken this test, what have your results been?

INTP "Architect"angel.png ". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.smile.gif

Architects are introspective, pragmatic, informative, and attentive. The scientific systemization of all knowledge, or Architectonics, is highly developed in Architects, who are intensely curious and see the world as something to be understood. Their primary interest is to determine how things are structured, built, or configured. Architects are designers of theoretical systems and new technologies. Rearranging the environment to fit their design is a distant goal of Architects.

Architects are logically and verbally precise. In casual conversations, they may be tempted to point out errors the other speaker makes, with the simple goal of maintaining clarity within the exchange. In serious discussions, Architects' abilities to detect distinctions, inconsistencies, contradictions, and frame arguments gives them an enormous advantage. In debates, Architects can sometimes be devastating, or alienate themselves from the group with overly logical arguments.

Architects tend to analyze the world in depth. They prefer to quietly work alone and they may shut other people out if they are focused on analysis. This, coupled with the fact that Architects are often quiet, makes it difficult for other individuals to get to know them. In social exchanges, Architects are more interested in informing others about what they have learned than they are interested in directing the actions of others.

Credentials or other forms of traditional authority do not impress Architects. Instead, logically coherent statements are the only things that seem to persuade them. Architects highly value intelligence, and can be impatient with people with less ability than they have. Architects often perceive themselves as being one of the few individuals capable of defining the ends a society must achieve and will often strive to find the most efficient means to accomplish their ends. This perspective can make Architects seem arrogant to others."

i better not to mention the famous leader testrolleyes.gif

Edited by Frozy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh, my English teacher was talking about this test! She seemed really hyped about it, and so did a friend of mine. I haven't taken it yet, but most of the personality tests I take are really inaccurate. In my career planning course last year we were supposed to take some in order to help us determine our career path, and on one of them they told me my number one most likely career was athlete.....anyone who knows me knows that is totally not true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It said that I am an ENFJ. Which means that I am:

slightly expressed extravert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

hmmmmm it is me or is it not me? good question.

Creepy thing is that I took the Keirsay Temperament Test in my Psych class before the break, said the exact same thing.

Edited by Jazmine

Personally have toyed with taken MBTI before. Really interesting results, I find the first test taking is most accurate.

I am an INFP >__> One of those sensitive souls, and its all the more worse that I'm a guy...haha, not really. Wouldn't change my personality type for the world.

Interesting thoughts though, do you guys think its possible to change one's personality type?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm almost skeptical if the descriptions are like horoscopes, where they're vague enough to be able to apply to most people. I know INTJ certainly described me pretty well. Though I'm not sure about the "staying in the background while leading" part :D

Btw, that IQ Test gave me a score of 146, and there's no way that's right.