The limits to SL integration?

Sandwich

Although the syllabus makes no mention of it, several of the textbooks I use (Haese & Haese, for example) teach integration by substitution. I sort-of understand it, but if I'm to learn it for the exam (ahhh can't believe it's less than a week!!!) I'll need quite a bit of practice, as I'm kind-of hopeless with these things otherwise.

So does anybody know if there'll be questions which require solutions found through substitution?

Despite a lack of mention in the syllabus, it's not exactly specific about it one way or the other!

I may be utterly dense saying this, but- exactly what do you mean with "integration by substitution"? If you explain a little how it works I may recognise or not recognise it (and be toast or not toast depending on whether we should know it or not...).

It doesn't ring any bells, though, and I'm also doing my exams next week. (OMG EEP.)

You all are forgetting that the syllabus changed in 2008. Therefore all SL exams post 2008 might not have integration by substitution. If it's not in the syllabus, it won't come in the paper. Simple as that.

The H&H book was written ages ago for syllabus that was pre 2006 probably. The maths syllabus has changed twice in the past 3 years, once in '06 and once in '08.