The 'Something I always wanted to know the answer to' thread

Vvi

When you think do you think in your native tongue? Like hear yourself talking in your head basically? And if you were deaf from birth and therefore have never heard any language spoken what is it that they think with?

honestly, when it come to me personally... it's according to the thoughts. for example when i'm reading a book like harry potter, i unconsciously read it with a british accent, but i dont speak british.

i think, there are more than one ways to think. you can bring out a whole emotion from pictures. and feelings.

so if they are sad, they would feel that emotion like we do but instead of having the thought of being sad, they just have that picture that depicts this feeling. how they see things in life is a big impact on their thoughts.

for example, when i saw the revolution in egypt, i sort of visualized the on-going conflict in Palestine. to me they are related in some way. so seeing how the people of egypt where, reminded me of images i have stored in my mind about palestine.

hope i helped :)

• 1 month later...

How are bubbles actually formed? I'm thinking of planning an experiment to do with the relationship between the size and amount of bubbles and the brand/viscosity of the washing up liquid when & if I get into the IB but aside from that, I've always been naturally curious ..

How are bubbles actually formed? I'm thinking of planning an experiment to do with the relationship between the size and amount of bubbles and the brand/viscosity of the washing up liquid when & if I get into the IB but aside from that, I've always been naturally curious ..

simples answer: http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4912993_how-bubbles-made.html

• 8 months later...

Why are the score system of tennis so weird. It goes 0, 15, 30, 40 and 60 I think. Why is that?

Well for tennis you first decide who serves. Then the one (playerA) who scores the first point gets 15 points and the right to serve, the score is 15-love (love=0) the next point goes to player B and the game is tied 15-15, now player B has the serve. Player A scores again, now it's 30-15 and player A has the serve. Then player A scores again, it is now 40-15, player B gets the next two points. Now it's a deuce (40-40), the first player to get the next TWO points wins the game. There are six games in a set, and around two or three sets in a match. Hope that makes more sense now

Why are the score system of tennis so weird. It goes 0, 15, 30, 40 and 60 I think. Why is that?

The reason isn't truly known but on the whole people believe that, when first played, a clock was used to keep the scores as the kings and such who played it weren't very good at counting. Thus, 1 point corresponded to a quarter turn on the clock, i.e. 15, giving the scores as 15, 30, 45, 60... In the end the 60 was dropped because, unless it got to deuce, whoever had 60 would win the game. And I guess the 45 was put to 40 (couldn't explain that though)

• 7 years later...

In a Test match, 5 days of play (in which the two teams have to play twice to catch one another, the team with the most runs wins). In a One Day International (ODI), 50 overs. If it's a day ODI match, once it gets dark play gets stopped. In a 20/20, after 20 overs. Each over has 6 balls.

Right... :P Maybe I should ask about the rules as well. Maybe I'll understand this then :)

How does the game work?

This would be the easiest way to explain it: ICC world cup 2019 teams and Live Cricket Score 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...