Lucky clothes and charms in exams

Vvi

What are people wearing for exams (if it's any different from your usual clothing)? Obviously some people have to wear school uniforms, but are other people wearing only specific colours for exams and/or bringing in lukcy charms with them? I don't have any lucky charms, but today for exams I wore a green tank top, had a green bag and scarf (all the same matching shade because they're from H&M) and had H&M shoes with a stripe of green on it. Obviously a little bit overboard, but I'm gonna try the same thing tomorrow with other green clothes and see if it works.

Basically, from what I can remember from an article I read about 3 years ago in some magazine (teen magazine, but let's ignore that fact):

-Purple is a good colour to wear during multiple choice exams, because it boosts intuition

-Green is the best colour to wear or have around you on exam day, or in other potentially stressful situations. It relaxes and reassures us mentally, physically and emotionally (a primal reaction as the presence of green in the environment would have told us that there was food and water to be found). That's why I wore green in such abundance.

-Baby pink is not good for exams, because although it makes you feel comfortable it tends to make you feel sleepy

-Black is too powerful and overwhelming a colour for exams, unless you are feeling confident about the upcoming exam, in which case: power to you

-Brown is an earth colour and can help you focus

-Red is too fiery/passionate, so if you already have rage building up as a result of exam stress: avoid

-Blue is similar to green. I personally find blue too depressing in exams.

-Yellow/orange are perky and may keep you awake during boring exams

So purple and green are going to be my colour of choice for exams (don't have green pants but I do have purple ones and about 6 different purple shirts). I've also decided not to wear any jewellery during exams because it's distracting (earrings swish against my head and bracelets/rings make it hard to write). Ditto for hair; if I wear it down it's too tempting to play with it.

Anyone else do something similar?

P.S. All this colour stuff is really just some fun I'm having, seeing as exam time generally isn't the most exciting event of the year. Some people have lucky underwear, I'm not taking it that far (and I'm not planning on weaing the same clothes every day, thanks very much). If you fail/do badly on an exam as a result of wearing green or any other colours, don't blame me :)

• Like 1

Haha, I have a lucky finger puppet. LAME I KNOW. My friends went away to Ottawa for a band competition or something and they were at this market and they saw that and knew it was perfect for me (It's the Incredible Hulk... back then I probably was a Hulk... because I was still playing hockey and rugby etc back then). But yeah, I bring it to exams and if anything, the teachers/profs giggle and ask about it hahaha.

Hmm, and my black scarf probably haha.

Wow, I win! I wore light blue jeans, a purple top and a green personally crocheted shawl. Apparently a pretty perfect combination! :)

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure WHY, but a bunch of guys in my class have vowed not to shave until they're done with exams. I suspect it's a luck sort of thing in the spirit of Björn Borg, but I'm not sure. (I was afraid it was a terrible new fad - it looks awful on some of them!)

Haha Hyperbole, at least they have facial hair. The guys in my class are all still quite "young" and don't. The IB1 class compare armpit hair in class, which could tell you something about their maturity level...

And Panserborne, it's supposed to be ridiculous :) Exams are ridicuolous creations, and they require ridiculous measures to be taken.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure WHY, but a bunch of guys in my class have vowed not to shave until they're done with exams. I suspect it's a luck sort of thing in the spirit of Björn Borg, but I'm not sure. (I was afraid it was a terrible new fad - it looks awful on some of them!)

Haha they do that with sports! It's supposed to be lucky. I remember when I played on a boys team and during the tournament they told me that I was bad luck because I couldn't grow facial hair :)

Haha they do that with sports! It's supposed to be lucky. I remember when I played on a boys team and during the tournament they told me that I was bad luck because I couldn't grow facial hair :)

Maybe you're so intelligent and talented that you don't have to :P

I remember testing for awhile to see if wearing either contacts or glasses seemed to 'influence' test outcome. No pattern there xDD

I don't really have any lucky charms, but my orange mechanical pencil seems to work alright for me =]

-Red is too fiery/passionate, so if you already have rage building up as a result of exam stress: avoid

hahaha

I can just imagine someone with anger management issues red sweats and sneakers all worked up and willing to release fury on the unsuspecting examiners :)

I bring comfort food, caffeine, and a pillow, depending on the exam. There are often 20 or 40 minute breaks for these exams when we are waiting on one group to finish a section so that we can start it (not applicable for tomorrow, haha). I like wearing glasses rather than contacts because I can mess around with them (the glasses) and I don't have to worry about rubbing my eyes too much or something.

I have a moomin troll as my lucky charm :D

Haha I want one too, which one do you have? I want a Pikku Myy one, have to wait to buy one from the Helsinki-Vantaa airport I guess.

I think I might take my sister's miniature Qur'an in for IB exams today, she has this tiny one that fits in a 3cm wooden box. I think that should be allowed since I can't read Arabic anyways, a miniature Bible wouldn't since it's in English.

Why am I taking religious books in to a Bio exam that has evolution on it?

• Like 1

I'm always wearing black clothes (or occasionally blue jeans), but that's how I always dress, so I don't think that affects that much.

But then again, I have a Thor's hammer necklace (I'm more pagan than a Christian :) ) and a ring that has eagle's head on it. The ring is my lucky charm and every time I start an exam, I give it a kiss. I know, it's extremely cliche and all, but it helps me to calm down. :D

Ps. Seems that I also have a green pen, which has been with me for about 6 years. :)

ergh, I've ended up having a lucky hairpin. I wore it for my first three exams, and then didn't wear it in the next two: they were both bad. I've worn it in two exams since then and they both went very well. I'm not superstitious and I don't like thinking like this, but... I don't think I'll dare to not wear it from now on.