Anyone tried pulling an all nighter?

scstdnt

Every school day? You serious?! That's crazy...It's probably really bad for the body.

What subjects do you take?

Are you in IB? That's practically normal... but for me I would say 6 hours is the max.

All nighties aren't a big deal if you have your best friend Mr.Caffeine by your side... And don't forget Mrs. Sugar.

I tried pulling an all nighter once when I had to finish my theater arts portfolio.

I did a scrapbook and it was big so it took me the whole night and i still wasnt able to finish it.

Took it the next day to school and finished by 2 30 - that was the deadline.

I dont want to pull an all nighter before an exam i would want to get at least 4-5 hours of sleep. Afraid i might doze off and fail :panic:

Haha lol just like anyone i guess..

I pull an all nighter all the time to be honest..people on IBS are witnesses..lol.

The 'latest' i slept was 9 am :) . I think I BEAT YOU ALL! MWAHAHA

i usually sleep max 5 hours if im super lucky...6 hours a day from the beginning of IB2..so yeah..scstdnt, it is absolutely common. :)

Wow, I didn't know that so many IB'ers took that many all nighters :P I am finished with the IB in two days and I have honestly never done one... And as far as I know, I have delivered on time for all deadlines. The longest I was up one night due to studying was until 2 am when I had to deliver the VA book. I still managed to get 5 hours or so of sleep before school ^^

i think i will be pulling an all nighter today to finish up my Extended Essay! woot :(

You're May 2010 and you're done your EE? Wtffffffff

I pull an all nighter all the time to be honest..people on IBS are witnesses..lol.

The 'latest' i slept was 9 am :( . I think I BEAT YOU ALL! MWAHAHA

Pfft, that's just a really late bedtime, Maha. All nighter as in not sleeping, going to school the next day, and sleeping 'normally' at night.

Edited by Irene

I finished IB in November last year and I never pulled an all nighter, but on average I slept 5-6 hours a day, which I doubt is very healthy. The latest I went to sleep I think was at about 4 to 4.30 a.m. to finish a part (just a part) of my Computer Science Dossier. I'm a pretty slow worker :(

That night I only got close to 2 hours of sleep. It's been the closest I ever got to an all nighter.

Edited by Redstar

Guest saraabramson

you know, its funny you should asked...

ive done that a lot, it could have to do with my insane commute to school, but its more likely the fact that i am a champion procrastinator, and have been stupid enough to put of things like EE, WL and all my IAs so mush that i wind up stating and finishing them the night before... and i dont mean i work all day either, nope, not me, i do nothing all day untill it hits me and i start working....

who else has tried to shower and get themselves together in the morning only to feel frozen, shakey and really sick? lol, i have actually thrown up almowst every time i have done this... its leads of fun....

You're May 2010 and you're done your EE? Wtffffffff

well our school wants us to finish it by this year so we will have time for our IAs and college apps for next year. We are all stressing out though...

I'm starting to realize that I'm pulling an all nighter ever night.... whyy?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't pulled an all-nighter yet; the latest for me so far is 4:30am. But since I'm only 5 months into my 1st IB year, the worst is yet to come =( It's mostly my own fault though... I procrastinate way more than I should.

I used to pull all nighters in 8th and 9th grade. I'd stay up all night, and go to school the next day without getting any sleep. As I started the IB, I was so sick of school (believe it or not, I still chose the IB, for reasons unknown), so I stopped pulling all nighters. It was impossible for me to stay up later than 3 AM. I've started going to bed at about 12, and then I get up at 4 or 5 and study until I have to go to school instead. Works much better :)

• 2 weeks later...

You mean people actually sleep in IB? Shocking!

Haha, all kidding aside, all-nighters are so common these days, I end up feeling more tired when I actually do get sleep. Anyone else feel that way?