Sign in to follow this  

Stripped?

ok if anyone's been catching up on the news, you'd know of the latest scandal the media's feeding off- Marion Jones's drug confession.

So do you think it's the right thing to take the medals away from her and all the other contestants because they weren't won "fairly"

I think they should take it away from her, but I don't see any reason why the others should give their's back when they've done nothing. For one thing, I think they should be given to their rightful owners, like the person in 2nd place should get promoted to 1st and so on...

I was hoping for something more exciting considering the word 'stripped' :P .

Yeah, they should take all her medals away, because they weren't won fairly. Other athletes who 'should've' worked much more harder than her, deserve those wins than a 'cheater' who just won it because of drugs.

I was hoping for something more exciting considering the word 'stripped' :P .

I know :P I actually wrote that to grab attention :) but I did write not literally as the description :)

One of the people who came second to her was actually banned for 2 year because of drugs some years ago so there is also a problem there.

Edited by Bandev

ok if anyone's been catching up on the news, you'd know of the latest scandal the media's feeding off- Marion Jones's drug confession.

So do you think it's the right thing to take the medals away from her and all the other contestants because they weren't won "fairly"

I think they should take it away from her, but I don't see any reason why the others should give their's back when they've done nothing. For one thing, I think they should be given to their rightful owners, like the person in 2nd place should get promoted to 1st and so on...

I thought they were going to just move everybody else's results up one spot. That's how they've always done it before and the articles I read said that's what the IOC was planning only doing. Of course the second-place steroid-user does present a bit of a problem, but then, her medal should just be taken away too. That's how I would deal with it.

yea chem kid I agree! I'd love it if I was the eprson who came in 4th and 5th and be upgraded to 2nd and 3rd :D

and shame on you guys <_ such sick minds>

I read another article about the issue, and it mentioned how the sprinters had to quailify for the finals. And then I realized that the medals aren't the only thing that the steroid-users took away from other people. There were the runners who came 8th and 9th who didn't get a chance to run in the finals. And the people who didn't even qualify for the Olympics because they were beaten by her. If I was one of them, I'd be furious right now because there's no way of giving back those lost opportunities. I think that's the worst part about all steroid scandals- all the people who got screwed over all those years ago.

this came up as a current events topic, the other day, i mean if it took them that long to detect her, what are the chances that the runners from other countries wasn't using the same invisible showing steroids. As ignorant as this sounds, wouldn't you rather have someone from the US win as opposed to someone from another country. sorry a bit bias, but thats what he said. I still think that it is unfair to the other runners. And theres no way to replicate the same situation and redo the placing, it must really suck to be the runner that came in second though. so close to that first. but it doesn't matter cause after all this, she will still have her money :lol: