Do not discuss exams until 24 hours have passed. More information about the rules here.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest House

Recommended Revision?

Revision Time   41 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours do you revise a day?

• none
    • 1-2
    • 2-3
    • 3-4
    • 4-5
    • 5+

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Everybody.

So, according to the IB we have to revise, a lot! I have heard we need to revise 5 hours a night, or 2 hours for every 1 hour of class.

So, how much do you guys revise, how much are we actually officially supposed to revise and is it necessary for the IB dp? Does it really even help?

Good Night and Good Luck....or something like that.

B)

A week before tests: perhaps 1 hour

The day before a test: 3-4 hours LOL

(that is.. for one subject) =P

But yes, revising helps a LOT.. when I actually revise (which isn't often), classes next day are much easier to keep up with. I'd go over notes in subject areas you aren't too comfortable with..

but then again, procrastination has helped me through no problem so far :P

Well, somewhere between one and two hours, and maybe between none and one.

But that's OVERALL - so that's ten or twenty minutes /subject/day. That said, I did around one average hour of chemistry revision every day for two weeks over the holidays before the Mocks, and improved my grade from a 3 to a 6.

I'd recommend revising the bits that you *don't* know, rather than the easy lane of revising what you find easy. And small bits - maybe 30 minutes a day, or one topic a day for each subject... something (anything) that gets you through.

does revise means to review???

if thats the case, i study like hell from 2 days before the test. and right afeter the test, i sit back and relax, play generals or watch movies or something... ^_^

I try to review 7 days ahead of time. Usually this becomes 4-3 days due to the disease i have called procrastination-itis. Seriously though, I try to study around 20-30mins 7 days ahead of time to prevent the last minute 4-5 hour cramming.

I find that I don't have enough time for revision on a day to day basis but I do like to look things over in the weekends. I rarely spend a lot of time doing that though. Usually, I make notes afer or during a unit/chapter and when it comes time for a test I can just review the notes instead of going over all the material.

i'm more for long term revision. so ill probably be doing quick reviews the week before exams because i have everything down.

however sometimes i do resort to cramming for a major test, if im extremely busy that week.

Edited by Soy

wow you guys are so proactive, I haven't done nearly that much revision altogether and I am doing my exams right now, I haven't done many summary notes, any compressing, I think I might have studied for 20mins before 3 bio tests, 1 maths test, 2 spanish test, and 1 chem test. You guys should be proud of your will power because obviously some people have will power and others don't.

I definitely only revise my notes for an hour a day. I really should study more but I am pretty sure I would go crazy :D

i voted 2-3 hours.... but i think i shoudl be doing around 5 hours... though ima start that on december as i get ready to study for the mocks in feb...

I voted "none"... Revising doesn't really help me, and so I don't spend a lot of time doing it.

What I do for learning and remembering is to simply organize notes and information. I do that for maybe... an hour or two/day, on all subjects...

1 hour, at the most! I'm taking it easy, I'll probably wind up studying all the time next spring XD I'm planning to attend mid-IB revision courses this summer though

1 hour, at the most! I'm taking it easy, I'll probably wind up studying all the time next spring :P I'm planning to attend mid-IB revision courses this summer though

ye u'll be studyin a lot more durin spring time. im gonna end up doin 5-6 anyways lol.

:) i voted 'none'..

5 hours???

i guess my brain would overheat.. but i'll give it a try..

p.s. if you'll hear about a guy in eastern europe whose brain exploded, then it'll be me :D

I don't actually get the lingo, but if revise=review, then I do about 2-3 hours before a test and 1-2 on normal days. :S

i do app 1-2 hours a day.

a good advice, when u read your homework make flashcards for the different terms and explanations IBO wants u to learn, that way you can always bring them in you bag, read them before you go to bed, again and again.

good luck

None, (unfortunately). I've been trying to change since ages but I think I'm a lazy hopeless case ..

Ummm I don't think I've revised anything except my WL papers, and I haven't studied for anything except 2 bio finals, my history exam, and this last energetics chem test...

Revision... If this is just a topical test, I usually do not study the day before. I'd just study in the morning or during break if possible. Why? Because if I study the day before, the next day I will forget everything. Thus it is not effective.

But if it is a major exam, I'd study the day before (about 2-3 hr with interruptions) or the very early morning (about 1 hr with interruptions).

If there is no test, no revision at all!

For tests, usually a couple days before. Or, at least the weekend before.

For the IB exams, never. At my school, it's hardly enforced. The students are too busy doing everything else. Usually, I make a plan to revise for my harder subjects (Biology, mainly), but I'm usually studying for the next test in that class. I think I'm most likely going to revise HL Bio during winter and spring break, as well as the summer. My other subjects don't require much revision.