Recommended Revision?

Guest House

Revision Time  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours do you revise a day?

• none
    • 1-2
    • 2-3
    • 3-4
    • 4-5
    • 5+

Hi Everybody.

So, according to the IB we have to revise, a lot! I have heard we need to revise 5 hours a night, or 2 hours for every 1 hour of class.

So, how much do you guys revise, how much are we actually officially supposed to revise and is it necessary for the IB dp? Does it really even help?

Good Night and Good Luck....or something like that.

B)

A week before tests: perhaps 1 hour

The day before a test: 3-4 hours LOL

(that is.. for one subject) =P

But yes, revising helps a LOT.. when I actually revise (which isn't often), classes next day are much easier to keep up with. I'd go over notes in subject areas you aren't too comfortable with..

but then again, procrastination has helped me through no problem so far :P

Well, somewhere between one and two hours, and maybe between none and one.

But that's OVERALL - so that's ten or twenty minutes /subject/day. That said, I did around one average hour of chemistry revision every day for two weeks over the holidays before the Mocks, and improved my grade from a 3 to a 6.

I'd recommend revising the bits that you *don't* know, rather than the easy lane of revising what you find easy. And small bits - maybe 30 minutes a day, or one topic a day for each subject... something (anything) that gets you through.

• 2 weeks later...

I find that I don't have enough time for revision on a day to day basis but I do like to look things over in the weekends. I rarely spend a lot of time doing that though. Usually, I make notes afer or during a unit/chapter and when it comes time for a test I can just review the notes instead of going over all the material.

i'm more for long term revision. so ill probably be doing quick reviews the week before exams because i have everything down.

however sometimes i do resort to cramming for a major test, if im extremely busy that week.

Edited by Soy

• 3 weeks later...

wow you guys are so proactive, I haven't done nearly that much revision altogether and I am doing my exams right now, I haven't done many summary notes, any compressing, I think I might have studied for 20mins before 3 bio tests, 1 maths test, 2 spanish test, and 1 chem test. You guys should be proud of your will power because obviously some people have will power and others don't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...