History EE on historical basis of video games

mhudson

The thing is, I can't do the subject of video games in history or psychology. 1) There are not enough sources. 2) It is supposed to be of historical importance. Video games are not very important. 3) I am not taking Psychology. 4) The paper is intended to stretch the mind and come down to a super specific issue in history to show lots of thought and time. 5) Video games are seen as a joke to student, so what will stop the graders from thinking it is a joke?

Thanks for trying to help, but it just isn't going to work.

I have changed my subject to: What was Winston Churchill's foreign policy and how did it shape a country from the Middle East? (I don't know which country)

Sorry to spoil your fun but, I think that:

1) There are enough sources, if you just know where to look for them.

2) Video games represent history to us and are a popularised picture of them, therefore it is important to investigate th picture they give. And that's just one important issue. :P

3) Okay.

4) I think this is possible with games and history. Most games are centralised around some theme.

5) You'll just have to write very well. :) If you can change his/her mind about video games, you've done extremely good job.

I'm starting to get more and more intrested about the topic myself, even though I've (luckily) written my EE already. :P

Okay, I don't want to spoil your fun, but the subject of video games is not a good idea. Don't you want to pick a subject you know for sure your graders will like? History based EE's have to do with history and not current events (video games are current whether the subject is historical or not). I don't want to risk getting a bad grade. If you think there are sources show them to me because I highly doubt it. I think you should take a look at the History EE rubric because what you're saying sounds like you have not read it. Sorry if this comes across as rude, but I am just trying to be realistic.

Okay, I don't want to spoil your fun, but the subject of video games is not a good idea. Don't you want to pick a subject you know for sure your graders will like? History based EE's have to do with history and not current events (video games are current whether the subject is historical or not). I don't want to risk getting a bad grade. If you think there are sources show them to me because I highly doubt it. I think you should take a look at the History EE rubric because what you're saying sounds like you have not read it. Sorry if this comes across as rude, but I am just trying to be realistic.

Yeah yeah, don't worry, I don't take that as too "rude". I fully understand your point of view. I'm just saying that it is possible on some level, BUT it would be extremely extremely hard. It might not be a good idea to do EE on the topic, UNLESS one is absolutely into the topic. I know I wouldn't have done my EE on video games, because that would've just been awful. And I have read the History EE rubric, because I did my EE on History. Also, like most do, I made my EE on the "normal" subjects in history for the simple reasons that I found them more interesting to me AND easier, so you got me there.