Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows

Ruan Chun Xian

Horcruxes:

It was great that it wasn't only Harry who destroyed them. Go Neville with killing Nagini!! I was so frustrated when Harry was going around looking for the diadem. I was banging my head against the book. As soon as they mentioned the diadem as a Hocrux everyone had to know that the theory about it being in the Room of Requirement was true. It was so damn frustrating till he gets there though.

Harry as Horcrux: Interesting...both expected and not. But what the heck was that baby thing at King's Cross? Maybe a representation of what Voldemort was before the graveyard scene in Book 4 when he got his body back?

The baby thing at King's Cross, I thought, was the part of Voldemort's soul that got attached to Harry as a hocrux. Wasn't it?

What was the big supposed "secret" about Harry's eyes? JKR did say once that there was something significant about Harry's eyes.

what secret? :P I thought the special thing about Harry's eyes was that they resembled Lily's? the only thiong in him which resembled her...

I think the big thing about HP's eyes was that they reminded snape of lily and this fact was used by dumbledore to manipulate him to do good.

Also i think the epilogue was okay... it was meant to wrap the whole thing up neatly and give us all a warm feeling inside. it wouldn't have been appropriate to go into too much detail, but the series was too big to not end in a fluffy way.

I thought a nice touch was bellatrix's death, and the parallels with sirius.

Also I hate all this discussion about Dumbledore and his sexuality. It never came into the book explicitly... maybe JK is sending us a hint: it doesn't matter. Why are all these fans running amok trying to decide if it was 'right' or not? She wrote the series, for God's sake! She has complete creative liberty. She could have invented a Mossflowerseed monster to eat everything at the end, and we would have had to accept it.

Edited by justanotherone