Funny Class Moments?

GenuinelyJayDee

Jokes, instances followed by awkward silences, videos, etc. If you got a laugh out of it, share with the rest of us. =]

I'll start off, of course.

It was a few months back, in my Math class. Two boys were making fun of each other across the room, and then this happens:

Boy #1: Go factor yourself!

Boy #2: Kiss my asymptote!

hahah it was perfect! We all had a good laugh. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

One day in English class, my English teacher had offered to come in before school os that we could finish writing our essays. We didn't have to, but being the IBs we were, 28/30 people (including me :)) showed up early. When some other teachers passed by our class before school started, they were amazed that so many people came in early to work. My teacher explained that we wanted to finish our essays, but they were still surprised to see so many people there, telling us how we were so dedicated, good students, etc. Then our teacher said "Oh they're in IB". The teachers then said "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and then walked away. :)

That was an EPIC moment. Our class was laughing for at least 5 minutes after.

Edited by fire.realm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think the funniest thing that I can think of was when we all arrived early to write a history test the day before Easter break. History is always at 8:00am (before most teachers are at school), so our class was standing outside around 7:55 waiting for class to start. We were talking about how we didn't know ANYTHING for the test, and generally complaining about having to have a test the day before Easter. Our history teacher walked down the hallway and we all sighed, and just as he put his key in the door to let us in to start the test... the fire alarm goes off! Everyone looks around like "Is this a joke or something?" and our teacher gets an extremely sour look on his face and says "... No... C'mon, let's get outside." We were so relieved and we ended up laughing for like, 10 minutes about how lucky we were.

I don't know if that's actually funny, but we found it funny at the time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In our TOK class 4 of us are in IB and the rest are grade 11s. So we had to write a story from the point of view of an animal and everyone read them to the class, except 4 students who did not have it done. So turns out that the 4 IB students were the only ones who didnt do the homework.

• Like 4

I thought of one :

I'll take you to log base 3

yeah lame i know lol

one time when i was a freshmen i was in a class that was going on the video announcments for how to take notes or something and i was joking around with a friend and we shirt flashed the camera and then our teacher told us to stop kind of angrily lol i found out next period that the camera was broadcasting so anyone who had the tv on early saw us lol

sort of embarrising

• Like 2

---Math class---

Me: Miss, I havent done my HW

Teacher: why?

Me: I have my Phy&Chem lab reports due today and there is an English test

Teacher: I dun care. that aint my problem

Me: Miss, I hate Ms Quah (my Chem teacher). u know what, we will have a test on the last day of school! lab reports every week, blah blah blah.. and we have a lot for holiday HW

Teacher: why are you talking about a teacher in front of another teacher??

Winson: because you are the one who seems to understand...

At the end of the class,

Me: Miss, what is this?

Teacher: a Pre-IA, for your holiday HW

Class: -_____-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

once in my art class my teacher, who we think is crazy, was telling us that we should managed to relax and fly and all this weird stuff to do before painting but it really came to an excess when she told us to "rub our eyes and see the colours appear"! that really made us laugh for at least half an hour.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In our TOK class 4 of us are in IB and the rest are grade 11s. So we had to write a story from the point of view of an animal and everyone read them to the class, except 4 students who did not have it done. So turns out that the 4 IB students were the only ones who didnt do the homework.

Heyy Im sorta slow...whats up with the log base 3 thing? (For some reason I have an exam tmrw and Im wasting time!!)

Not really at school, actually at work but with a person who goes to my school. We teased each other a bit.

Her (going off on her lunch break): well I'm off to see the wizard

I said, after a brief pause: looking for a brain?

Edit: Also one time in home ec me and my friend were looking around, happened to lock eyes, and after a split second we simultaneously broke into "it's Raining Men".

Edited by Grumps
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Friend: Why is everyone wearing red today? Is it red day today?

Class: Uhm, it's called Valentines Day.

And for anyone who has ever seen "The Haunting in Connecticut" a friend and I quoted it perfectly.

Buddy: Where am I going to find all this information by tomorrow? I don't get to use internet sources.

Me: Well, don't tell anyone, but there are secret buildings all over the country with confidential information.

Buddy: *interested*

Me: They're called libraries.

BWAH! HA! HA!

The best was in Biology class:

"I wish I were a restriction enzyme so I could unzip your genes."

• Like 1

Our chem teacher was showing us how group 1 elements react with water. The first fizzed a little, the next more and combusted. The following made a cracking noise, and danced on the water quite energetically. Now, for some reason, while the reactions kept getting more intense, my teacher found that the next element requires double the material. KABOOM!!! The reaction was clearly visible, a loud explosion, shattered glass, fire, smoke, and one guy lost all the hair on his arm. Best chemistry class eva :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This was funny at the time, it was before we entered grade 12 so basically after a year of IB stress:

Friend: IB is taking over my life in ways I never thought it could.

Teacher: What do you mean by that?

Friend: Well now whenever I hi-5 someone the sound I hear is "TOK!!"

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

We were doing a 'sense perception' unit in TOK. Our teacher gave us some examples where people changed the wording of something to make it sound better, but still have the same meaning. For example, "estate tax" means the same thing as "death tax", but death tax sounds a lot worse. So he gave us the opportunity to make some words sound better or worse.

For 'detention', someone came up with 'reflection retreat' to make it sound better.

For 'clubbing', someone came up with 'casual aerobics'.

I don't know, it just made us laugh. :)

• Like 1