Funny Class Moments?

GenuinelyJayDee

Chem teacher: Okay you guys, when an electron is taken away from a transition metal, you take it away from the S-orbital.

Class: WTFFF! Our IB1 chem teacher showed us an example when they're taken away from the D-orbital!

Chem teacher: Nope, she was wrong. Do it like this from now on.

*Half the class breaks down

To my buddy: Watch when in university, our prof tells us its the D-orbital again -______-"

Edited by Capt'n Marth

While reciting hamlet in English, I said all of my lines in a deliberately terrible Welsh accent, just to annoy the teacher.

Our Business Management teacher was showing us examples of advertisements and had just put on one that involved breasts. Needless to say, that was the exact time the principal walked past the room whilst touring a potential student around it.

We're being taught IB1 HL Physics in an integrated class along with NCEA level 2, laughs ensue.

I managed to derail today's History lesson by wondering aloud which president from 1930-1990 would win in a death-match arena.

Many more...

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

We have 5 students in our physics class*

Our teacher comes in and gives us past exam questions to do on mechanics. There was a question we were all stuck in. It was regarding two astronauts throwing a bag in space. The question was: where does the potential energy of the astronaut come from?

We were all stumped until we saw the answer....

The astronauts breakfast.

We were laughing the whole day and until we were walking like zombies with heart problems

• 3 weeks later...

Well, In my english class, we were all taking a pre-test (sort-of like a mock AP test) and My friend says, to another friend, (names have been changed, :P) * they were kidding around* "Josh, make sure you don't bomb this test, too!" And the other kid, Jake, goes to Josh, "Oh, just like you bombed your IA?" And everyone was like :eek:! And the sad thing is, Josh didn't do so well on his IA for english! :(

But, then we all laughed and even the teacher laughed! Poor Josh! :sarcasm:

Someone left their jacket in my HL Psych teacher's room, so she left to return ti to them, and while she was gone, everyone took off their own jackets and other articles of clothing and put it all over her room, even on top of a dusty television. When she came back, she laughed and took each peice of clothing and guessed whose it was. She guessed all of them correctly but one! Hahahahaha

• 3 weeks later...
Guest F488ethe1st

In Chemistry HL talking about sub-orbitals. The whole class giggle at one of the more funny lookign sub-orbitals (the d-orbital), the teacher then proceeds with lokign up from the board, looking at the class, then back to the board and exclamates "Ooh yeah, it looks like a little fat witch" after that the whole class bursts into laughter XD

First day of chemistry class

Teacher: Today we will learn about Acides. *scientific talk*

Class: *dumbstuck* :eek:

Teacher: Basically it is very dangerous and can harm you.

Class: Monsieur, then how do we know if a substance is an acide?

Teacher: You eat it, and if you die, you will know! :D

Class: -___________-

It was funny t the time :P

Le class taking the psychology paper 1 mock exam

Le wild movement appears

One classmate asked politely "teacher I believe we are having an earthquake!"

then everybody stood up and leaned on the wall in fetal positions (this is what we are supposed to do when earthquakes happen). when the earthquake was over we evacuated the school. after 30 min when they were sure that the building had no damages and we went back to write the exam.

the good thing: we exchanged answers

the bad thing: we had less time to answer the exam.

our ib coordinator said that if this happens in a real ib exam then it will me anulated and the internal assessment will have more value.

this is a story i will tell my grandchildren

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When people were pulled out of class to do their English Orals, the rest of the class was supposed to be writing an essay, but instead we watched "The Breakfast Club". Then we gave each other character profiles from the movie i.e. "The Basketcase", "The Princess", "The Nerd" et cetera and proceeded to write a Canterbury Tales spoof about each of us travelling to Cardiff on pilgrimage to burn our IB papers, complete in iambic pentameter.

Also, classic Haney moments;

- "Haney, why are you drinking a carton of rice milk in Maths?"

- Q: "Haney, why do you have a 6 pack of juice poppers?"

A: "I was late for the bus and I didn't have time to grab one"

Q: "So you grabbed them all?"

A: *Nods while drinking from a popper still attached to the other 5*

- Haney: "Hey, I saw a good looking teacher."

Everyone: "WHAT? Since when do you think people are good looking?"

Haney: "Since I saw him."

Everyone: "Where did he go?"

Haney: "Football field"

*Haney and I watch as in the distance, the headmaster walks across the oval showing the new teacher around. A bunch of girls follow, giggling, at a not-too-discrete distance*

Also, the moment we all realised just how much we love our history teacher;

Teacher: "And so the British generals are like 'jolly good spot of tea, this', and the infantry are like 'TRA-LA, run into battle and get massacred' and the..... Class?"

Class: *Vacant stares/twitching eyes*

Teacher: "Everyone, calm down. I have a candle on."

Class: *Vacant stares/twitching eyes*

Teacher: *Sigh -- pushes book aside* "Okay, what's wrong?"

Class: WAHHH! *General bursts of tears, borne of stress and sleeplessness*

She spent the rest of the class calming us down and convincing us that everything was alright. She was seriously an excellent teacher.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Positron

This happened in my friends class when they were choosing subjects:

- IB coordinator to one guy : "You should take this seriously"

- "What do you mean, where's the problem?"

- "You're taking Math Studies and Physics HL"

*whole class starts laughing hysterically*

Edited by Positron

• 10 months later...

This happened in my friends class when they were choosing subjects:

- IB coordinator to one guy : "You should take this seriously"

- "What do you mean, where's the problem?"

- "You're taking Math Studies and Physics HL"

*whole class starts laughing hysterically*

OMG i can't imagine that it would be so awkward! :P

We were studying some text in English class and someone asked what "XXXII" is (roman numeral of 32). I very quickly yelled "negative x cubed". About half a second later I realised that no, she probably was not trying to do complex algebra, but I had already managed to raise quite a bit of amusement :D

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What do you get as n tends towards 0 from sinx/n?

six

Some people thought it was hilarious...

So I was queueing outside my first ever IB Economics lesson, when a random history teacher came up to me and said

"Are you looking at me, or chewing a brick, because either way mate, you're gonna have your teeth smashed out"

• 2 months later...
CLASE DE MATES:
-yo: 32 es primo
-amigo: Si, por eso es par.
otro dia
-profesor: iazul, sin animo de ofenderte, sabes que es lo que más me preocupa, que el año que tienes tendras 18 años y podras votar.
-yo: tranquilo, R. conociendome seguramente se me olvide
-profesor: eso da igual, seguiras pudiendo votar y tu voto valdria igual que el mio
otro dia
escribo integral x dx la recuador y para resolverla la pulso como un boton varias veces (el dia anterior habia dormido 2h) el profesor me ve y se rie y le responodo
-perdon X hoy estoy un poco dormido
-no tu llevas dormido desde ayer en clase de la olimpiada de matematicas, sinceramente me sorprende que no te hayas quedado a dormir aqui
CLASE DE FISICA:
-3,4,5,4,3,4,5,6,7,8 perdon X. creo que me olvide de como contar (mitad de un experimento)
-iazul me sorprende increiblemente como tras hacer perfecto todo el desarollo y fallas en calculos de primaria.
-tiene una explicacion
-cual
- ( pienso estaba dormido) no me acuerdo
con un compañero no del bi
-Que dificil es el plano inclinado
-Eso lo dimos hace 6 meses
-entonces donde vais?
-Fisica nuclear
-muy gracioso (tardamos 30' en que comprendiera que no era una broma
CLASE DE TOK
-kim jong un jamas podria ser alumno del IB (adivinad lo gracioso)
-Deberias empezar ahorra el EE porque os va a llevar mas de 150h
---------------------------------------
Traduced thanks to google:
CLASS MATES:
-I: 32 is prime
-Friend: Yes, so it is even.
another day
Professor: iazul, without intention to offend you, you know that's what worries me, that the year you will have 18 years and you can vote.
-I: tranquil, R. Knowing Me surely forget me
Professor: it does not matter, you will keep being able to vote and your vote would be worth the same as mine
another day
write the whole x dx recuador and to resolve the pulse as a button several times (the previous day had slept 2h) the teacher sees me and laughs and you responodo
Today X-sorry I'm a little sleep
Not your carry-slept since yesterday in class Math Olympiad, I sincerely surprised you have not been sleeping here
CLASS OF PHYSICS:
-3,4,5,4,3,4,5,6,7,8 Forgiveness X. I think I forget how to count (half of an experiment)
-Iazul strikes me as incredibly perfect after doing all the development and primary failure load.
Contains an explanation
-Which
- (I think I was asleep) I do not remember
with a partner not bi
-It is difficult incline
-That we gave it 6 months ago
-Then where are you going?
Nuclear-Physics
-Very funny (it took 30 'understood that it was not a joke
CLASS TOK
Kim jong-one ever could be IB student (guess the funny)
-You should start saving the EE because you will take more than 150h

• 3 months later...

Grade 6

Me and my friend are going crazy in maths class and the teacher couldn't do anything about it, he also started to get crazy with us

All of a sudden my friend starts dancing and my teacher has enough of it! He yells

"Okay! no more studying today" closing his hand in his face and looking as if he gave up all hope =))

• 1 year later...

-During ToK we did this experiment where we had to close our eyes and get to a place.

Me: go left! Walk to the left a bit!

My friend, who's right beside me: *starts walking to the right*

-Also during history class.

Teacher: so this country is in the direction opposite to north. Where is it?

Students: Down!

Finally, when the English teacher told the class we didn't have homework for English that weekend, the class clapped louder than we did for the principal during an assembly.