Canadian Universities

JonnyBoy

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if I could get a little help. I'm from Peru, my exams start in 10 days! D:

These are my predicted IB grades:

HL:

English B: 7

Spanish A1: 7

Biology: 4

SL:

History: 6

Psychology: 6

Maths: 3

+ 3 points from TOK and EE

= 36 points total

I'm thinking of applying to UBC's English Literature programme, and then possibly, after a year, trasnferring to UBC's Film Production course, since I want to get into the film industry (but I think studying something broader first is good since film is really risky and it gives me something to fall back on). UBC doesn't really care for English B, so I'm giving the TOEFL in December to fulfill the Enlgish Language requirement.

Do you think I have a good shot at being admitted? On the extracurricular side, I have participated in an indie film in the US where I have a special thanks credit, I've done loads of stuff with underprivilidged communities as part of CAS, separately from CAS I built a bookshelf for a library in a poor part of the country and I've participated in musical events in my school throughout the years.

UBC says it only needs 24 points to be admitted...but I'd also like some kind of scholarship. Do you think these grades are good enough for admission and a scholarship?

My final grades will arrive in January, so I could apply with those which could be higher.

Also, is Enlglish Lit and Film good at UBC? It's ranked as the 30-40th best uni in the WORLD so I figure it's good hehe.

Help would be much appreciated!

Yes, they are high enough. Last year, the average of accepted students was 33.... Besides, it never hurts just to see!

• 2 weeks later...