History route 1! crisis!

Starz

Is anyone out there doing history route 1 ??? seriously?!?!

having a crisis, in IB1, years finished now.. teachers kept swapping around for my history course and we havent done anything ... so next year im suppose to cram it all in... will i survive ? O_O plus in doing history HL ..

I learn best by self-studying from books :)

Do you mean your teacher keeps on swapping from different options like medieval history, islamic history, history of the Americas and modern history or do you mean topics within one of those categories? And I'm also wondering has the new syllabus changes hit your year?

• 4 weeks later...

We're doing Route 2, so I can't offer specific advice. However, I'm in a similar situation, except it's my fault? Haha

Our class kind of used History class as extra sleep/time to do homework/partially pay attention. Our teacher's wonderful if not experienced.

So now I know that next year, I'll need to be more serious. The good thing is that the last year we covered 1800s and finished in the middle of the 1960s in the US. This year, we'll be getting into the meaty part of the HL option, I think.

With history, it seems like there's a simple equation. The more time you devote to the subject, the greater your understanding of it is. Later this month, I plan to cement some loose facts in my head, and next year I'll pay more attention haha [we have a different teacher for IB2 than IB1, although he has even less experience with IB than the first bahaha]

You're certainly not screwed. What I'd do is address this problem with your teacher, quote him or her on which option he/she plans to teach, and study on your own. I find teachers are much more approachable after class, and they don't mind explaining a concept and will go more in-depth in their explanations in a one-on-one scenario.

And I'm also wondering has the new syllabus changes hit your year?

I don't think it affected my class personally because our school has always taught Route 2 for history.

I haven't a clue about "routes" since I did my exams in May 08.

However, my teacher in IB2 was terrible so basically, I had to self teach everything from WWI onwards.

Just read your textbook, make notes from it and know the syllabus for the course.

It's not impossible to do and get a good grade at the same time ^_^

hey

my friends who took history told me the best way to study history was to make study notes by yourself and there are plenty of resources available online for great IB history help. Download the syllabus as a guideline and then with your notes i think you should be fine. And cramming is probably not a good idea, start planning your study time and DO NOT depend on your teacher. Also, buy a companion if there is one available. companions are good guidelines.