Chemistry Revision

beaksturr

where do you get those books to study from?

and wow, how did you manage to get such high grades? thats awesome!!

I got the books from my school. They come with a CD so you can view the textbook on your computer :P

And thanks, it was a combination of effort and luck, but read my long post somewhere in this thread to see what I did exactly :P

I wonder if my school has them.. I shall ask when school starts. what would your advice me or others who will be taking the emas next year about how to study and/or anything else?

Yeshh i read it. and wow! did you get sevens in all (ormost) of your assignments throughout the years?

I wonder if my school has them.. I shall ask when school starts. what would your advice me or others who will be taking the emas next year about how to study and/or anything else?

Yeshh i read it. and wow! did you get sevens in all (ormost) of your assignments throughout the years?

The advice depends on what kind of person you are. I'd recommend studying for finals as soon as you finish the syllabus in class so you don't have to cram your revision just before exams start, like I did :P You should also be familiar with the syllabi; i.e. be aware of what they could ask and what definitely won't be asked in your subjects. You should also do as many past papers in the given time limitations as possible. If you're like me and are able to recognize similar or the exact same past exam questions, you'll be advantaged. Sometimes the IB sets questions that are very similar to former past paper questions. And also, don't rely on your teachers. Be resourceful, i.e. don't just rely on the information your teachers give you - find your own information and complement your teachers' with that.

I got 6s and 7s on my assignments throughout the year, but I didn't put equal effort into every single piece of homework. It depended on what I thought was worth putting effort in :P

The advice depends on what kind of person you are. I'd recommend studying for finals as soon as you finish the syllabus in class so you don't have to cram your revision just before exams start, like I did :P You should also be familiar with the syllabi; i.e. be aware of what they could ask and what definitely won't be asked in your subjects. You should also do as many past papers in the given time limitations as possible. If you're like me and are able to recognize similar or the exact same past exam questions, you'll be advantaged. Sometimes the IB sets questions that are very similar to former past paper questions. And also, don't rely on your teachers. Be resourceful, i.e. don't just rely on the information your teachers give you - find your own information and complement your teachers' with that.

I got 6s and 7s on my assignments throughout the year, but I didn't put equal effort into every single piece of homework. It depended on what I thought was worth putting effort in :(

So you're the kind of person who only does so called 'useful' homework? :P

SO past papers is what i should be preparing from, right? (for the most part)