IB Survival Logo

Graeme

Well, it's about time we get a new logo for IB Survival. We need a logo to represent what we do, who we are, and what we are here for... I'm no artist, and unfortunately I am therefore somewhat limited in my creativity. However, I figure that out of the thousands of people here, some of you must have some ideas!

Now, I'm going to turn this into a competition if I can, where the best contributions can get prizes (maybe money, maybe special gifts? All to be decided!).

In essence, at the moment I'm starting with a blank slate, so any ideas can be put forward. What I would really like is for you all to post ideas, images, photos (anything really) that you think would suit IB Survival.

Keep in mind that we are not allowed to use the IBO logo, as it is copywritten. :(

I'll update this as I get new ideas. XD Start sharing ideas!

Also, I for those of you that need CAS hours, I can most probably count any hours you want to "creativity" for this!

I think we should have a logo which is an object with a certain importance, for this I have no idea, but I think we should use different colours, not too bright, not too somber in order to represent some kind of elusiveness, success or happiness. I'll keep posting with new stuff once I've got more fixed ideas.

Alice it doesnt matter because Graeme can resize it if its too big. :(

Aye-aye, but it changes the detail if you're doing it a la PC. Things could get squidged, or not start out big enough. Besides, without the dimensions, the general shape is kinda hard to fathom. I dunno if I'm going to give this a go, but I know I'd defs find it useful to have a rough sense of the dimensions XD

Well I suck at making logos and couldn't come up with anything so I just tried slapping the site's name on an explosion, made it last night so dunno how I feel about it. Also, the 7px blue bar at the top kind of ruins it so I left it out for now and I guess the gradient to the left won't match exactly with the background at the top.

ibs.jpg

Meh, any suggestions?

TidusBlade: Yeah I saw that afterwards XD

Procrastination at its finest.

Stock: deviantart Font: dafont Texture: Loleia's LJ.

720x200

post-3-124493070041_thumb.gif

700x150

post-3-124493565026_thumb.gif

Oh did you want it 100pixels in height? :/

The heart book pages in the second one is supposed to represent support and IB love that we provide here haha.

While we're on the subject, I don't know why people complain about the blue colour. Blue is a good a colour, it represents calmness and symbolises stability. It's also linked to consciousness, expertise and intellect. A lot of corporate logos use (dark) blue because of this. But a rather surprising number of people don't want a blue layout for this forum. :P

Blue colour? I love blue, don't really mind what it stands for when it comes to websites but oh well. Could be because it's the default Invision 3 skin and there's always places like Invisionize but seeing as the forum is version 3, doubt there's much in terms of skins.

And nice banner there :P Font reminds me of the Morrowind title though. Maybe it's just that I'm sleepy, but adding some colour to the pages would probably make them look a little more interesting, maybe a gradient map or photo filter if you use Photoshop, just a thought... Hmmm, might give this another try in the morning XD

24wymuq.jpg

2wq724n.jpg

r7pzy9.jpg

I thought I'd try out some things XD I don't think the smiley one worked at all, ahah! Oh well. Can we do as many as we want? Not that I'm going to keep doing these, but y'know, spare moments must be used for something! :P

Oh and the book photo is from morguefile (that free place) and requires no attribution, which I assume means you don't need to put a credit to it.

Edited by Sandwich