IB Survival Logo

Graeme

I didn't actually save it as a .psd so can't edit it all that well to curve it round. I've done a bit of smudging/sharpening to make it look a bit more curved for you :D

I'm very happy to go back and redo it so it curves properly without losing a bit of the text quality, but only if people do end up wanting to use it, as it took me a little while to replicate that book binding without it looking all blocky! x) Kinda wish I'd saved it as a psd now. Stupid! :B

ayvzu9.jpg

Edited by Sandwich

I didn't actually save it as a .psd so can't edit it all that well to curve it round. I've done a bit of smudging/sharpening to make it look a bit more curved for you :D

I'm very happy to go back and redo it so it curves properly without losing a bit of the text quality, but only if people do end up wanting to use it, as it took me a little while to replicate that book binding without it looking all blocky! x) Kinda wish I'd saved it as a psd now. Stupid! :B

ayvzu9.jpg

You didn't have to~~ :D I'm just saying if it's going to be adopted it needs some work on it.

But since you did anyway, you can just wipe out the words using the clone tool maybe? Should work for this case... and btw maybe you should blur out the first "Emerson Works" a 'lil bit more because they don't have the bevel and emboss in your words "IB survival". And the words "IB survival" needs to be moved slightly to the right to be at the center..

—if you want-- these are just suggestions.

Even though I dropped Visual Arts years ago (took music up 'til IB next year), I still played around with Photoshop... haven't done much that I can be proud of but I did some work on icon sets. (thus the "IB survival logo" thread became one of the first ones that caught my attention—only turns out that they expect a banner, not so much a logo/icon...)

Edited by wikinerd

You didn't have to~~ :D I'm just saying if it's going to be adopted it needs some work on it.

But since you did anyway, you can just wipe out the words using the clone tool maybe? Should work for this case... and btw maybe you should blur out the first "Emerson Works" a 'lil bit more because they don't have the bevel and emboss in your words "IB survival". And the words "IB survival" needs to be moved slightly to the right to be at the center..

—if you want-- these are just suggestions.

Even though I dropped Visual Arts years ago (took music up 'til IB next year), I still played around with Photoshop... haven't done much that I can be proud of but I did some work on icon sets. (thus the "IB survival logo" thread became one of the first ones that caught my attention—only turns out that they expect a banner, not so much a logo/icon...)

Photoshop is fun to play with :D

And I used the clone tool for the first version to get rid of the Emerson thing on that first book-- it just took me a while to prevent it looking splotchy, as the clone tool otherwise gives those funny mirror patterns running through the image! So I figure no point in redoing it unless needs must :D

Yeah I feel you with the bevel/emboss. I was trying to get it right with just the drop shadow because I hate what B/E does to it, but I was actually thinking the other way round-- I thought B/E made "IB Survival" look too sharp, even though it's as minimal as I could make it without getting a flat image.

I was trying to get a curve like on the spine, and for some reason thought you could skew to get that curved text, but when it turned out you couldn't and I'd have to edit each letter on a separate layer, I gave up :D

Thanks for the thoughts, though :D

Photoshop is fun to play with :D

And I used the clone tool for the first version to get rid of the Emerson thing on that first book-- it just took me a while to prevent it looking splotchy, as the clone tool otherwise gives those funny mirror patterns running through the image! So I figure no point in redoing it unless needs must :D

Yeah I feel you with the bevel/emboss. I was trying to get it right with just the drop shadow because I hate what B/E does to it, but I was actually thinking the other way round-- I thought B/E made "IB Survival" look too sharp, even though it's as minimal as I could make it without getting a flat image.

I was trying to get a curve like on the spine, and for some reason thought you could skew to get that curved text, but when it turned out you couldn't and I'd have to edit each letter on a separate layer, I gave up :D

Thanks for the thoughts, though :D

Don't give up. That's like the worst thing you can ever do in photoshop. Everything else has an undo button, but if you give up, you gave up chance to perfect that... btw, if you are using Mac I'd suggest you try Pixelmator- there are some filters there that can come in very handy...

Just got another idea-- a rough 30-second job of throwing together a book and a survival kit:

post-16526-124524942795_thumb.jpg

Edited by wikinerd

OOh, I like the idea, although perhaps a more funky text would set it off a bit. And it's not blue! :D

I don't use a Mac. D'you know if there's an equivalent for Windows? O: I'd be quite interested, I use Photoshop a reasonable amount and it'd be cool to know! :D

OOh, I like the idea, although perhaps a more funky text would set it off a bit. And it's not blue! :D

I don't use a Mac. D'you know if there's an equivalent for Windows? O: I'd be quite interested, I use Photoshop a reasonable amount and it'd be cool to know! :D

.. Yeah. The font was chosen because it's the first one under "handwriting"...

Maybe a piece of canvas that's blue? Or a blue notebook cover?

I don't think the survival kit will fit with blue really well, though...

And no, sorry, no Windows equivalent...

Edited by wikinerd

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have your CAS coordinator talk to Graeme or one of the mods. They can be rather convincing :P but seriously you should be able to get CAS hours, you don't need a signature for something like this just digital evidence like an email or something.

here's a logo, doubt anyone would use it, but just for diversity

post-18322-054539500 1286330053_thumb.jp

no logo thing is over. why are you lot reviving threads that are centuries old? By the way Tangents, this is breaking a rule :P so delete any posts that revive old threads and lock those threads so they don't get brought up again :P

I'll let you do it as you're looking for things to mod