IB Survival Logo

Graeme

Are you allowed to use those cartoons? The artist is selling them as Prints (HERE), is all, so I figured they might not be for free use. I wouldn't normally think to comment/have any clue, only they got a DD a few days ago so I coincidentally spotted it :)

If it's cool to use, I really like it, especially the ringbinder effect :)

TidusBlade's is very Photoshopped and epic, but I find the text a little hard to read XD

(And leave me alone, 746 is just what it cropped at going from our present layout :P)

Alice: Yeah I had second thoughts about that cartoon which is why I didn't use it initially. I was thinking we could put the credits somewhere in a footer in the forum or something?

Graeme: What background? The notebook background?

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2157/crumpledlooseleafpaperb.jpg. credit: deviantart. I can't find it on there anymore.

TidusBlade: yeah it's a bit dark though I like the wood carving effect XD

@Maha and Ruan: Tried adding a bit of light on top, but it kind of takes away from the carving effect so just added some below, at least it's readable now.

And thanks for the feedback :D

ibs2.png

Well I hope it's a little more readable now :D Replaced the B, and the font for "Why Be Screwed?". And yes, the s in screwed is inverted XD

@Maha and Ruan: Tried adding a bit of light on top, but it kind of takes away from the carving effect so just added some below, at least it's readable now.

And thanks for the feedback :P

ibs2.png

Well I hope it's a little more readable now :D Replaced the B, and the font for "Why Be Screwed?". And yes, the s in screwed is inverted :D

Still need to get the perspective right with the words though.

Otherwise nice work. (Maybe you'd like to fix up the inverted colors...)

@OP...

How would this fare:

(A very, very rough draft, spent less than half an hour on it... and yes, it's missing the word "survival".)

post-16526-12451530656_thumb.png

Any comments welcome.

Edit: And my first revision...

post-16526-124515315124_thumb.png

PS: Yeah, bad idea, might infringe IP. If anyone can think of something else to replace the IB logo in the middle feel free to PM me.

Edited by wikinerd

LOL, why was I certain this was negged. :D

But yeah you got a point there obviously Joel.

Perhaps you can put something else in the middle, like some IB logo you come up with..

Yeah... I'm just used to the CC license when I made artwork for my DeviantArt account— people can use your work and you can use other people's. I didn't really worry about IP so I didn't realize it until I posted it...

But I'm sorta out of ideas... Sandwich's third one has a nice touch though— just so long as he/she gets the perspective of the words right.

Edited by wikinerd

What do you mean by perspective of the word, exactly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_(graphical)

i.e. the words should be slightly slanted. For TidusBlade's book&table banner the words appear as if you are "looking" at it straight on at 90°, while in fact you're not, as indicated by the corner of the book book. Sandwich's third banner also needs to have the words "IB Survival" curve along the spine of the book to look realistic.