Mathematics SL Project Type I Matrices

SandraDJ

I did the project and on my first draft i got 18/20. My problem is the technology. I still need two points to gain there in order to get a seven. My teacher tells me I have to use excel to see how I multiply it blabla.. but that really sucks and I have no idea where to show that in the project seeing as it is so stuffed already.. any suggestions for other techonology enhancements?

• Like 1

Did you use an online matrix calculator? Did you use graphing software? And most importantly, did you constantly mention 'using my calculator to do X', or include print-outs of what you did-- and discuss the limitations of the technology? e.g. alas my calculator could only calculate to 11 decimal places, or something like that? x)

Also, I don't think you're allowed to do drafts o.o;

At least, we weren't. We just had to hand it in and hope for the best!! Good luck anyway.

My maths teacher is tight-lipped about IAs [not complaining... done with that now!], but I used a program called MathType, which is like an attachment to Microsoft Word. I believe you can get a demo for this program or something similar to it. Also, I hooked up my TI calculator to my computer and used screenshots. It's nice to reiterate information by stating it and then presenting data in tables, but you don't want to do this for everything or else it's a doozy.

Sandwich brought up valid points. If you follow her guidance, I think you'll get your points. [To drive the point home, don't forget limitations!]