The Official May 2009 Results Thread

Sandwich

How do you deal with impending results days?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How do you deal with impending results days?

• You relish them and view them as the culmination of all your hard work.
    • Have so far pretended it's not happening, to great success.
    • Can pretend it's not happening during the day, but are plagued by dreams of 24 (points, not the TV show) at night.
    • Have spent and will continue to spend the remaining days doing a countdown in the foetal position, whilst shivering.
    • You don't deal with them, you literally ignore it and simply never look at your results.
    • You have nothing to worry about. So why even bother?
    • You already know you screwed up, so it's a sort-of grim pre-acceptance already, actual results will change nothing.
    • I am a genius. At the end of my paper I went back and added up all the correct marks, so a special day will simply be confirming what I already know to be true.

What can I say? I just realised how close results day is, having been living under the illusion I'd never have to bother about knowing. Not even sure I want to see them! On the whole, doing a reasonable job of pretending it's not happening, still, but not 100%, ahah.

Everybody else? :hug: If not IB results day, whatever results you might happen to have (or thinking back!).

MODERATOR NOTICE:

I would like to ask people to refrain from posts with no content but "congratulations" so that the thread will be easy to read. Posts with content are still welcome. -deissi

• 2 weeks later...

Right, so I got mine from my IBC today:

Finnish A1 SL - 6

French B SL - 7

Physics SL - 7

English B HL - 7

Economics HL - 7

Maths HL - 7

TOK - B

EE Physics - A

Total: 41 + 3 = 44p

Oxford E&M asked for 39p, so I'm ecstatic!

Edit: Maths HL re-marked from 6 to 7.

Edited by Roundabout
  • Like 2

I just got mine from my IBC, and I'm happy!

Subject Grade

2009 MAY SPANISH A1 HL 7

2009 MAY ENGLISH A2 HL 7

2009 MAY HIST.AMERICAS HL in SPANISH 7

2009 MAY HISTORY EE in SPANISH B

2009 MAY CHEMISTRY SL in SPANISH 6

2009 MAY MATHEMATICS SL in SPANISH 6

2009 MAY VISUAL ARTS OPTION B SL in SPANISH 5

2009 MAY THEORY KNOWL. TK in SPANISH A

Additional/Extra subjects

None

EE/TOK points: 3

Total points: 41

Result: Bilingual Diploma awarded

Your personal code should have 6 characters (numbers and letters) and your PIN should have 8. Your PIN functions as your password. That confused me too, but they idiot-proofed the system so that it won't let you enter more than 6 characters in the personal code field :P

Your personal code should have 6 characters (numbers and letters) and your PIN should have 8. Your PIN functions as your password. That confused me too, but they idiot-proofed the system so that it won't let you enter more than 6 characters in the personal code field :P

OK so the 8 character pin is my password..but then which is the USER ID and the PIN?

OK so the 8 character pin is my password..but then which is the USER ID and the PIN?

PIN is same thing as password. And User ID is the personal code.

EX: USER ID: [3 letter, then 3 numbers (or some other combination of letters and numbers)]

PIN: [(mine is 6 letters and 2 numbers) 8 characters]

Hope that helps.

Okay so clearly I am not the smartest person on this forum. However, I am just happy I got my diploma. Like, seriously. So here are my lower than above marks, but meh.

2009 MAY ENGLISH A1 HL 4

2009 MAY JAPANESE AB. SL 3

2009 MAY HIST.EUROPE HL in ENGLISH 4

2008 MAY CHEMISTRY SL in ENGLISH 5

2009 MAY PHYSICS HL in ENGLISH 4

2009 MAY MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 5

2009 MAY FILM EE in ENGLISH C

2009 MAY THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH C

So a grand total of 26 points. Better than I thought it would be. I thought for sure I was going to fail physics.

Weird, Mike7. Are you in the UK? I know a lot of people are getting confused with the fact that the UK is presently GMT+1 for the whole daylight saving time thing.

Otherwise perhaps ring your school?

2009 MAY ENGLISH A1 HL 7

2009 MAY BIOLOGY HL in ENGLISH 7

2009 MAY CHEMISTRY HL in ENGLISH 6

2008 MAY PHILOSOPHY SL in ENGLISH 7

2009 MAY SPANISH B 7

2009 MAY MATHEMATICS SL in ENGLISH 6

2009 MAY PHILOSOPHY EE in ENGLISH A

2009 MAY THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH B

Overall 43.

Really happy about Maths!! Literally UNBELIEVABLY happy!! I thought I'd got a 2 or a 3!! Never in the whole two years did I score as high as a 6, and the exam went terribly :P All in all, more than enough points to get me into University. YES! Holy cow. So much fear D8

When are IB results released? It said 1200 GMT, but it is now 1255 GMT and they have not been released.

They should be released already. Have you correctly logged into the site? It should give you a message when you do, even if the results are not posted. It would say the release time of the results, and then the current time underneath.

Edited by Dark Matter

When are IB results released? It said 1200 GMT, but it is now 1255 GMT and they have not been released.

They should be released already. Have you correctly logged into the site? It should give you a message when you do, even if the results are not posted. It would say the release time of the results, and then the current time underneath.

I don`t see where it says the release time... I`m on the results.ibo.org website. Is that the right one? All I see is my results from the exam I took last year.

I don`t see where it says the release time... I`m on the results.ibo.org website. Is that the right one? All I see is my results from the exam I took last year.

Oh, did you not get a new personal code and pin for thsi year? I know for my chem mark last year I has a different account, and then for this year I got a new one. You should probably contact your teachers about that.