Singapore Universities

Ib_slave

I read from another topic in this forum that the National University of Singapore is biased against IB, favoring the A-levels instead. Is this still true up to now? Also what grade out of 42 should I be aiming for if I am to apply for law or economics either at National University of Singapore or Singapore Management University? Any insights and suggestions will be appreciated.

Yes it would seem like it.

Try 40+. 37 didn't get me in any of NUS, NTU, SMU. 39 didn't get my friend into either NTU or NUS.

Wow that sucks... May I ask what course you and your friend applied for? Maybe it was a tad more selective than others?

All 3 elitist universities in Singapore are rather difficult to get into unless you've done A-Levels or know someone there who can get you in. They are very fussy about who they admit into the university.

If you are intent on studying in Singapore, there is SIM or the place that gives you a Monash degree (TMC Education)

I don't know about Economics but Law is definitely a course in demand.

Yes it would seem like it.

Try 40+. 37 didn't get me in any of NUS, NTU, SMU. 39 didn't get my friend into either NTU or NUS.

Wow that sucks... May I ask what course you and your friend applied for? Maybe it was a tad more selective than others?

Business.

I'd say Law is even more competitive aka harder to get into.

All 3 elitist universities in Singapore are rather difficult to get into unless you've done A-Levels or know someone there who can get you in. They are very fussy about who they admit into the university.

If you are intent on studying in Singapore, there is SIM or the place that gives you a Monash degree (TMC Education)

I don't know about Economics but Law is definitely a course in demand.

The sad thing is I know around 3 people who've gotten into at least 1 of the 3 unis. 3 of them did our local Filipino curriculum - one got admitted to SMU business and the other to SMU economics. While the last person was awarded the ASEAN scholarship and went to NUS... So I would've been better off at a local school than I am now at an international school?!! ;)

Needless to say, they don't like the IB much.

You can apply tho, you just might get in. Maybe you can call them up, not that they're very helpful but you can try.

That said, I don't know if you're going to like studying in a Singaporean University. Everything is competitive, people compare themselves to each other all the time. I wouldn't want to study in a Singaporean uni ever.

• 2 years later...