World Lit 2c: Detailed Study

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on my WL2 assignment which is a detailed study of a key passage from Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House, and I was just wondering about the format of this assignment.

Would it simply look like a regular essay/commentary with a statement of intent at the beginning?

No, statements of intents are only for creative WLs, that is 2b. Ther are some possible approaches to a 2c essay.

1. A formal essay - as I understand, just an ordinary essay.

2. Analysis of a key passage - choose an important part and make sure you explain why it is important.

3. Analysis of two key passages - the same as above, but you compare two different passages from the same work.

4. Commentary on an extract - seems to me like a P1.

:P

I did one of these and it's more or less as Tilia describes, like a paper 1 commentary on the passage of your choice (30 lines worth) but as you're meant to have studied the whole book, it's important to show it - so it's like a commentary in which you HAVE to show context, even though you're only doing a small passage. Titles are usually along the lines of "the significance of chapter [x] to [x]". Make sure you keep referring out to the rest of the text.