Do we need more forums?

Graeme

Just a question for all of you.

Would you like to see more forums here at IBS? Maybe a "technology" forum, etc. At the moment we are a very academic forum, and although I want to keep the focus on that, it makes sense to provide a place for all of you to talk about almost anything you want.

If you have any ideas, just post them here, and we'll see what we can do :D.

• 3 weeks later...

I like this forum because it is full of advices for current and future IB students, although if you look at it from your stand point, then "Chat" is the only place to chat about other things other than IB. I suppose you could make that area a little bit more broad, for example: dance, music, technology, arts, sports.. etc.

Edited by Nataliyaaa

I like this forum because it is full of advices for current and future IB students, although if you look at it from your stand point, then "Chat" is the only place to chat about other things other than IB. I suppose you could make that area a little bit more broad, for example: dance, music, technology, arts, sports.. etc.

I doubt if the forums you're suggesting are useful as there is "Chat" to talk about dance,music,technology, etc. Students mostly sign up here seaking for some IB advice or help with a subject, not just to fool around. But if they want to, they can do it at "Chat" putting more forums like these would trouble us where to post a thread, as it could be put at "Chat" but also lets say at arts.

• Like 1

I understand what you implying, and I agree that this is a forum for IB and everything related to IB. But there might be people who are for example, done with IB and just want to hang out here and help out others or just talk about things for fun.

I am not saying that we need a whole different chat room for just random talks. Just that the "chat" area could be a little bit more broad because it is hard to find a thread about what you want to talk about.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd definitely be active in that form. But I guess if there aren't a large number of people, then it won't make sense. Why don't you have a trial and see how much activity is present? If no-one's posting, couldn't you easily close the forum?

The reason I think it would be worth trying is because the whole forum would be more relaxed, and people would probably spend more time on it.

I get what you're saying. However, sometimes it is a good idea to take your mind off work and relax a bit, and I think that if this site had that, it would be a more appealing place. Also, I don't really think it would be too much of a distraction as most of the people that come on here are not terrible procrastinators. Although, that's just my opinion, so I well may be wrong.