Am I screwed?

ozolins

I needed 36 points to get into St Andrews, but only managed to get 34. Am I completely screwed? Any suggestions on what I do now? I know it's knid of late to start dealing with this now, but I've been having panic attacks whenever I've thought about it, and it's only now that things are getting better. I would appreciate any help very much. :D

• Like 1

I know that some universities in Canada consider your application even if you do not meet the minimum requirements only if if you have excellent extra - curricular activities, community involvement, exceptional sports achievements etc. However, if you do not meet the minimum requirements, it certainly makes it harder for you to get into your desired program. I am not too sure how it works at St Andrews, but the things I mentioned above were told to me by a university professor in Canada.

Ring them and find out! Sooner rather than later. They might tell you that you've got to wait until August when the A Level results are released, but it makes a good impression (and they remember you) if you look like you still really really want to go. Seeing as you only missed out by two points, there's still a possibility there.

• Like 1