tok presentation in science

Wise. F

well y'all

i am about to present my tok presentation and would like to have your opinon about it.

"how certain is science" can you answer that. it has been stated that the progress of science is through proving false our current knowledge. the atom, the world is flat (cliché) so on. so that brings us to the knowedge issue of how do we know what is certain, definitely not in the science field ( natural sciences). so where else............

thank you

I'm afraid that this forum is mostly for help in the form of guidance, not so much in the form of coming up with ideas for you to use. You sound like you have a very interesting topic, however people here probably won't be of much use to you in terms of coming up with examples etc. Once you've got some ideas, do feel free to post them, though, and people will comment and let you know whether they're any good or not :P

In terms of how certain science is, are you trying to discuss it from the perspective of giving examples of high versus low certainty, or are you trying to contrast it with another area of knowledge?

• 3 weeks later...

I think this topic needs to be narrowed down a bit. Maybe you could talk about whether certainty is necessary, ways of justifying in sciences and contrast with other AoKs, or comparing levels of certinaty. I would, for instance, argue that science is more certain than psychology.

But when it comes to certainty, mathematics is a AoK where things actually can be proven, so that's one example. But otherwise, are there any certain knowledge?