Psychology EE: Biology vs. Environment

TS14101

I was wondering if someone could help me find a topic for my EE. What about the whole 'nature vs. nurture' debate? (Which affects human behavior the most, biology or environment?) It seems like that would be a fairly easy topic, but I'm wondering if it's too general. Or I was thinking of doing something about dreams maybe? Also, other people have said that sleep and stress are easy topics.

Hey.

I think you should take a look at this thread if you haven't already. You want to try to be at least somewhat original. Taking something like 'nature vs. nurture' and putting it in a new light would work. Also, the way it works is you pick something you think you can write a genuine EE about and members comment on it. I couldn't give you a specific topic about dreams. Wayy too broad and plus, it wouldn't be your interest.

The best thing to do is take something you're even remotely interested in and google it. Start reading some articles about it, and look for things that trigger you. The more you read, the more questions you'll have. One of these questions could be your research question in hiding. Good luck!

biology Vs. environment is a topic that you cannot do for sure. It is sooo broad, you won't even know where to start. And also, you will probably not find research that is conclusive (i.e. you might end up having no conclusion since both environment and biology have good arguments respectively). Hence, I recommend doing some basic research and finding an area of interest to you and then you can narrow down your topic (make sure to get approval of your mentor before you start working on your essay as your mentor may have good advice on your topic).