Mathematics EE - Vedic Maths

C/D2

if anyone can help? im doing my extended essay on vedic mathematics, ive got some topics (for example - history of vedic mathematics or the comparison b/w square roots in vedic maths. and the normal long division and estimation)

but any other topics would be fine too, and suggestions on these current ones would also help alot

somebody plz help!

i want to start writing but i dont want to write about a bad topic and stop halfway to start another one, though i do tend to do that a lot <3

thanks in advance!

Here's what I suggest--

Read the EE guide and what it says about mathematics.

A topic selected from the history of mathematics may also be appropriate, provided that a clear line of mathematical development is demonstrated. Concentration on the lives of, or personal rivalries between, mathematicians would be irrelevant and would not score highly on the assessment criteria.

Verdic sounds interesting! I personally know almost nothing about it. But make sure that you don't just talk about math. You've also got to do some.

Some very useful advice on approaching an EE in Mathematics

If you do an EE in Maths, there must be a significant amount of actual mathematical working/equations/solving involved in your EE. You CANNOT do a pure research Maths EE based on secondary data. You must have a problem that you will be solving. An EE with no actual maths working will not get higher than a D.

That was from Here. Read the rest of it too!

Edited by sweetnsimple786

That's kinda what I mean though. If it's easy math or something trite, it's hard to get a good score!

I know some of the verdic stuff is just how to add or multiply.

To get a topic, you've got to research. You said history. Perhaps verdic developed at the same time as something else [although I doubt it. It's really old, right?] or maybe someone came up with something similar 300 years later, and you see some correlation. I don't know! I just know I'm not doing a math EE because it's gotta be bloody brilliant math! [Don't get discourged if this is really what you want to do, though]

• 1 year later...

[quote name='deissi' timestamp='1248713416' post='53523']
Go game theory, perhaps? It's relatively easy to apply and high level enough for IB EEs. It's one topic where you can avoid being narrative.

Go game theory, perhaps? It's relatively easy to apply and high level enough for IB EEs. It's one topic where you can avoid being narrative.
[/quote]

i need help also im doing my ee i vedic math also, my topic is comparing the vedic system of calculations for solving quadratic equation and coding softwares with the current system of calculation, i have compared how we could solve different type of quadratic equations in vedic math and in our current system and im comparing 2 programs 1 written for solving quadratic equation in vedic math and one for our current system, but my advisor says that this not an essay yet cause im not researching at all, im just doing a bunch of calculations,
i need help for me ee,
please help!!! :rofl:
ty

[quote name='C/D2' timestamp='1248666205' post='53457']
so i guess ill start reading up on vedics history until i get more ideas, but my vedics history topic was really a backup topic, never had a thing for history.
[/quote]

i need help also im doing my ee i vedic math also, my topic is comparing the vedic system of calculations for solving quadratic equation and coding softwares with the current system of calculation, i have compared how we could solve different type of quadratic equations in vedic math and in our current system and im comparing 2 programs 1 written for solving quadratic equation in vedic math and one for our current system, but my advisor says that this not an essay yet cause im not researching at all, im just doing a bunch of calculations,
i need help for me ee,
please help!!! :P
ty

[quote name='sweetnsimple786' timestamp='1248521256' post='53270']
Here's what I suggest--

Read the EE guide and what it says about mathematics.
[spoiler]A topic selected from the history of mathematics may also be appropriate, provided that a clear line of mathematical development is demonstrated. Concentration on the lives of, or personal rivalries between, mathematicians would be irrelevant and would not score highly on the assessment criteria.[/spoiler]

Verdic sounds interesting! I personally know almost nothing about it. But make sure that you don't just talk about math. You've also got to do some.

[quote]
[b]Some very useful advice on approaching an EE in Mathematics[/b]

If you do an EE in Maths, there must be a significant amount of actual mathematical working/equations/solving involved in your EE. You CANNOT do a pure research Maths EE based on secondary data. You must have a problem that you will be solving. An EE with no actual maths working will not get higher than a D.
[/quote]

That was from [url="http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/3177-extended-essay-for-dummies-read-this-before-starting-a-thread/"]Here[/url]. Read the rest of it too!
[/quote]

i need help for me ee,
please help!!! XD
ty