Future Architects ?

librarymugger

You can google various universities to see how long their architecture degrees are. I think it must depend on where you go, if you've heard about long courses, because most of the ones I'd heard of were 3 years. As for different faculties under architecture, what exactly do you mean by that? :P

Everybody at my school wants to be an architect and I have no idea why!

Where are they all going to find a job?

I really don't understand why Architecture is one of the most wanted courses here.

If anyone knows please reply, I'd be glad to find out XD

* librarymugger, to be honest I haven't looked it up, so I know nothing about architectuer and its courses. But as Sandwich said just google it.

Or use UCAS, find the Uni you are interested in see how many years you have to study.

www.ucas.com

If you are interested in studying at the U.S., sorry but I don't know how to help you

It's usually five years for undergraduate, 3 and a half year for masters but there are universities and colleges that offer both bachelors and masters in a single plan for 7 and a half years. There is one university, University of Hawaii, that offers a doctorate but there is a debate to consolidate all the degrees of Architecture into one professional degree, D.Arch, similar to Law curriculum's LL.B to JD upgrade.

It's different from medical or law schools in that if you are planning to take architecture, you don't have to go through undergraduate to do so, you only have to do one 5 year undergraduate course which grants you a bachelors.

There's lots of good architectural schools in the U.S. but Cooper Union, UCLA, Columbia and Princeton tops the list. Cooper Union is probably the best school for architecture, it offers you a scholarship that's worth about $130,000 as soon as you are admitted so tuition is free.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, no. A prospective medic here. But I was surprised to hear about the time it takes to become an architect. I thought it was the standard 4 years. My brother was thinking about going into architecture but then stuck with Civil Engineering. Anyways, good luck to those doing it. ;)