IB teachers

Soy

What do you think of some of your IB teachers. We all know that they have to have many meetings and work uber hard to help us get through this IB process, but come on now, sometimes i just want to go :) at some of them.

Math Teacher - Ok, he's a relatively nice guy. Apparently he has had 3 fiances, one left him, one was the love of his life that cheated on him with his best friend, one he actually married, recently. He use to dj, he does ballet, made a banjo out of tree bark. He is part of NAPP (National Association Professional Photoshoppers) The problem is that I don't think he is qualified enough to be an IB teacher, he failed High School algebra, and I'm learning nothing from him at the moment, luckily its all review. He is extremely lazy, in my point of view.

English Teacher - Gosh, this woman is hilarious, a very good teacher and lecturer, but her grading system is a bit out there.

Drama Teachers - I actually have two of them, its a team teach approach, and this year has been more about writing and structured work vs previous years and work with .. well having fun, but they're good directors, but one of them is extremely moody but has alot of experiences with the IB program and consider us her children.

History Teacher - She's a mediocre teacher, but a total riot in class. Hilarious as heck and a breast cancer surviver, she reads IB papers for IBO and grades them.

Bio Teacher - Graduated from the same high school as Lucille Ball from I Love Lucy. Went to Cornell University. Amazing teacher, and he knows everything i swear. And he's really into the drama productions, and I totally love that. He does funny accents in class. Reads and Grades IB and Ap papers, really talented guy.

French Teacher - Came from french, so she has the french down. At first i was a little iffy on whether or not i would like her, but well i've grown to be fond of her, because of her im speaking more and more french every day.

Thats about it for me. My two TOK teachers happen to be my Freshman and Sophomore History Teachers.

Math Teacher - he's really nice and ok. he can explain and he teaches really good :) but sometimes it can be really boring because he doesnt know how to control us.. but still he is great prof and he returned my love among math :D

English Teacher - she is excellent!!! Hard worker and very ambitious. :)

French Teacher - she is great and she can explain very good, but sometimes she can be rigid..

Biology Teacher - she is crazy! :D She is ok person but she doesn't know how to teach..her lessons are really poor and she is totally not for the IB.. :(

Business Teacher - I dont like him. He also doesnt know how to teach, I think that even himself doesnt know what he should do... :) The lessons are boring and we'r doing nothing. :lol::)

Cas Teacher- He is really cool!! We all love him, he is totally crazy and very interesting!

Tok Teacher - Well, his lessons are confusing and sometimes stupid.. Even though he is good teacher we dont love his class :D

(HL)Bio Teacher - Shes probably the most slack teachers I have ever had. Although when she does teach, she does a decent job at it. There may be an occasional confusing explanation.

(SL)Eng Teacher - Shes is by far the best english teacher I have ever had. She knows what she is talking about and knows how to make learning her stuff enjoyable. There is rarely a boring lecture in her class.

(SL)French Teacher - Well in the beginning she spoke all in french so I understood the bare minimum to comprehend what she was saying. Now I notice that it was just to get us use to hearing the language to we can learn and enjoy it faster.

(HL)History Teacher - Her classes can be long and boring sometimes but she makes it for it by giving us study blocks before tests and many fun group projects.

English teacher used to be a Hell's Angel :l (but he's extremely intelligent..)

My math teacher is also really intelligent and he seems like the nerdy type.. until you see the tatoos all over his arms and back :l

My history teacher is like 65 but acts like he's a teen.. which is really freaky sometimes LOL

Chem -- needs a lesson on how to teach a class and needs to learn the meaning of "authority".. The only method he knows of right now that will calm our class down is to bribe us with candy.... :l

I don't like my teachers at all. They are always late. When they are absent, there are no subsitutes so we waste 4 hrs at school because if we take the bus home it would take an hour to get back to school for the last period. They are supposed to post online that they will not arrive at the school before 24 hrs, not the very last min. when the school starts. And when I ask a teacher where she has been, she ignores me! They are as eager to have break as the students. My language teachers don't even understand what they are teaching sometimes. My science teachers are horrible at making experiments, everyones crowded in the room breaking every single rule when it comes to labs! Seriously... it takes us a WHOLE DAY to do 6 experiments because everyones running around from equipment and chemicals, the teacher can barely find anything in the room. Omg... in my old school it could take only 45 min. because everything was set up in the morning by volunteers and there was a certain space at each table and rotation every 15 min. or so. I think the school is a joke, I am thinking of transfering to another IB school but the problem is that it costs money.. I do not have to pay for going in the IB school I am in now..

Oh and our schedule is so confusing... its not like the normal 6 classes a day... its all random... some days I have science and math and then the next class is like 3 days later... sometimes one class in one day... it is frusterating.

It is WAAY TOO different here in Denmark from the US.

Edited by sweet_tanjarine

Oh and our schedule is so confusing... its not like the normal 6 classes a day... its all random... some days I have science and math and then the next class is like 3 days later... sometimes one class in one day... it is frustrating.

By this do you mean that you don't have, for example, Math on all weekdays, but maybe 2 lessons on Monday and 1 on Thursday? Because we have that, and in my opinion it's a good system ;o

By this do you mean that you don't have, for example, Math on all weekdays, but maybe 2 lessons on Monday and 1 on Thursday? Because we have that, and in my opinion it's a good system ;o

Yea. I am not used to that. A teacher is always absent one day and then that class that was being missed replaces another class.. and the whole schedule gets screwed up. I think I just need to adjust. I cannot help but compare the two systems from US to Denmark, I got the impression that this was a bad school. The more time I spend here though, the more I get used to it.

I am trying to appreciate it more and understand why the school is the way it is....

There are some positive things about it... like it is generally more relaxed and it is not as strict.

Do you study in Findland? Are teachers always in class and on time?

Edited by sweet_tanjarine

Are teachers always in class and on time?

hahahaha, that's funny

my chem teacher comes 15 min late everyday

and my physic's teacher leaves class for no reason every 10 min

"so force is mass times acceleration, that's why ... *leaves class*"

10 minutes later

"um.. where was i?"

*repeat*

hahahaha, that's funny

10 minutes later

"um.. where was i?"

*repeat*

Try talking to the principal if you havne't already. Teachers like that really doesn't deserve to teach IB.

hahahaha, that's funny

10 minutes later

"um.. where was i?"

*repeat*

Hey, I have exactly the same problem!! My Physics teacher just wanders out of our class sometimes and doesn't come back. :D Not as bad as one of my Year 9 teachers, who used to leave class to go make bets on horse races.

Try talking to the principal if you havne't already. Teachers like that really doesn't deserve to teach IB.

soooo true :S

Hey, I have exactly the same problem!! My Physics teacher just wanders out of our class sometimes and doesn't come back. :S Not as bad as one of my Year 9 teachers, who used to leave class to go make bets on horse races.

horse races, ^^

does he give perfects when he win and fail everyone when he loses?

Hey, I have exactly the same problem!! My Physics teacher just wanders out of our class sometimes and doesn't come back. :S Not as bad as one of my Year 9 teachers, who used to leave class to go make bets on horse races.

LOL at the grade 9 teacher :l Man that musta suck

My history teacher leaves the room randomly from time to time too.. but that's just caus he's really busy with other things.. he's in charge of our school's exchange programs and our student council... also the organization of my school's centennial year celebrations

(SL) Physics teacher - he's okay-- this is his second year teaching IB physics, and in his first year, barely anyone passed. He's a nice guy but I dunno if he's right for teaching an IB class

History of the Americas - she's nice, and she's really motivated and makes the class somewhat fun haha

Spanish - she's nice, but she can't really teach at all :/

Visual Arts - she's awesome, she's nice and so "out there" haha, which is extremely helpful when needing ideas for studio pieces, and she knows what she's doing :D

English - terrible. seriously, terrible. she seems extremely unmotivated and doesn't know what she's doing over half the time. :/ she doesn't seem as if she wants to be teaching, and makes the class extremely boring; whenever I'm in that class I feel as if I'm dying a bit on the inside haha... BUT-- apparently, as of 10/26, she's on sick leave, apparently she has a disease, and she won't be back until after the first month of the second semester. I feel bad for her, but I seriously couldn't stand her as a teacher :/

although, because she's on sick leave, a new teacher is teaching the class, and he's simply amazing, he's funny and a great teacher, quite possibly one of my favorite teachers, and one day of class with him made me realize how terrible a teacher my previous teacher was </rant>

Pre Calc- awesome haha, he's hilarious and tells awesome stories. I've always liked math, but he makes it more fun and easier :D

• 3 months later...

These are quotes from my teachers ^^

Mentor Swedish HL- "Ask teachers if u dont understand! if there are something hard in Swedish ask me!! I will help!!"

Math teacher studies- "I will try to help but if u dont do your job its your own porblem, its your own life!"

Biology teacher HL- "do your job! i trust u guys can make it to the exam :D!"

Swedish SL- "Think about SCASI when u write the essay and maybe some quotes, now dont talk to me and go home. I must write my book and dont hand in anything to me."

Eng B HL- "Write!Write!Write!! U must be prepare for the exam!! Hand in in to me so I can help u and guide u!!"

Econ HL- "U must read the econ news and read the book! If u dont understand ask! I will help u so just ask!!!! "

Psycho SL- "Do your best by reading the papers i habded out, ask if u dont know the studies well and i will explain"

TOK teacher: hands down the nicest person I've ever met..he's almost like a saint. He doesn't swear (because he believes people that do are unable to describe their feelings more eloquently), doesn't watch tv or go on the computer. He listens to the radio instead because it allows him to utilize his senses and stimulate his imagination. He's passionate and very learned. I really respect him and I his class was one of my favourites.

Math teacher: I had two during IB, I liked both of them, though my first teacher more than the second. My second teacher looked sort've intimidating and was a harder marker whereas my first teacher was really motherly and very sweet.

French teacher: Again, I had two during IB. I liked my second teacher more because she was nicer and more friendly, but my first teacher was okay.

English teacher: I'm terrified of my current teacher because she's very intimidating and kind of rips students apart..literally yells at us :\. I miss my old teacher because he was hilarious and very approachable, one of my favourite teachers ever.

Biology teacher: I liked him mostly because he liked me and he was always very nice and friendly with me, always joked around with me and he was always willing to help. Plus he wrote all my reference letters for me even though I kind of only gave him one night to do them XD so that was really nice of him.

Economics teacher: Didn't like my first one because he was incompetent. My second teacher is slightly better.

Chemistry teacher: at first I didn't like her because she didn't like me since I talked a lot in class :P . But now she seems to have warmed up to me and jokes around with me sometimes :0, so umm yeah she's okay. Not very helpful when you ask for help though. And her tests are freaking difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

Economics: A good teacher...but slightly lazy

Chemistry: A great teacher...

Physics: A good teacher...can be VERY boring at times but at other times is hilarious

English and TOK: very intimidating, very biased and opinionated (even in her marking)...not a good teacherr

Math: nice...but adequate in teaching

• 2 months later...

i study Ibo in Iran and i must say the teachers here are out of it. most of them don't even qualify as an Ibo teacher. some don't even speak good English which can be a real pain for us students here. i ended up postponing most of my exams from getting wrong advice. now i wouldn't complain about teachers in other countries u guys are sure lucky not to study in Iran international school.

heey

my math and chem teacher is the sam person: she tries but she still doesnt know how to teach properly, i think she could teach in a better way but atleast she is trying

my english and TOK is the same: she is better in english than tok, but in english we either have a lot of work and stuff (once we had a scrapbook, oral and written commentary due -- other than work for other classes), in tok the way she present s the topics is boring (our teachers are no that good in teaching IB since its the first year our school has IB --- it reached to the extent where the tok teacher gave us the essay topics for may 2008 instead of 2009 -- but thank God we found that out soon enough)

my arabic teacher is good and i think she is one of our best teachers

my biology teacher loses a lot of time talking about stuff not related to biology instead of explaining

my economics teacher is good in explianing and everything but i just HATE economics (im more of a science person)