IB Webcomic

mreos

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth continuing making these?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Opinion

Well over the last couple of days I have been making some (comedic) webcomics based on the IB diploma program. Some opinions might be nice, feel free to chuck me some criticism or whatever (just starting out).

http://impossiblebs.com

Let me know what you think, favorites, disliked ones etc.

EDIT: updated link

Edited by mreos

Hey there.

I'm just come out and say this, hoping I don't sound like a total freak.

I'm paranoid about clicking on the link, so if you attach your comics as images onto your post, I don't mind providing feedback. Perhaps I'm not the only one, seeing as how there have been almost 40 views but no votes or comments? :D

I clicked on the link and it's safe for me, but it's a good idea to attach them directly as you will probably get more feedback.

I read through a handful of them and I think they show great potential. I find it so funny/ironic how IB is always viewed as an elite program for smart and ambitious individuals, but honestly there are some times where we have no clue what we are doing. Comics are great because they give us a chance to laugh at ourselves and show that we're figuring this out through trial and error (and winging it...) just like any normal system.

Anyways, I love them. If you enjoy doing them, then that's all that really matters but it's wonderful that you're sharing them. You should try taking a few of your favourites and shade them in with colour and draw detailing and stuff.

Some comics/sites that I really like are Cyanide and Happiness and Natalie Dee. I hope these will give you some inspiration for more development on an artistic but simple level.

:D

I have submitted a site review so hopefully the malware warning will disapear soon, might have to work on it with my server provider though.

Cheers for the comments Feist I agree, at times i feel the kids who chose SACE (the regular schooling path in south australia), were the smarter ones. I have been experimenting with various styles, began with the xkcd basic stick figure black and white style, might try branching into simple colour or something on the next couple that i make

For those who dont want to/are too busy with IB to check out the links I have attached a couple

post-6177-12488522522_thumb.png

post-6177-124885227141_thumb.png

post-6177-124885228359_thumb.png

post-6177-124885230368_thumb.png

• Like 3

I think they have potential too but I don't particularly like the way it's drawn (sorry...just being honest!) It looks too bland, a little messy, and it takes away some of the humour for me.

However I love the ideas, and don't be put off with what I say!

• Like 1

Flippy I will try a bit of a different style when i make the next couple, not quite sure, thinking the cynade and happiness, simple some colour style already suggested, ill see how i go, more comments would be nice, in particular if you have any suggestions i would be happy to try them out.

Sorry but i am still having security issues in relation to the site itself so ill keep chucking some up here for you guys.

Heres 3 new ones, integrated a bit of colour, and probably a bit neater drawings in my opinion, please continue to give me feedback and I will try to integrate them into future comics. Also if you have any ideas for something that might look good, post here and I will see what I can do.

post-6177-124888151274_thumb.png

post-6177-124888151992_thumb.png

post-6177-124888159611_thumb.png

• Like 1

Tehe overall, I LOVE them =)

Maths was slightly under par... But I love Action & Small Talk.

Solutions made me think [which is good!], and I still don't get a couple of them. I'm guessing the 8 coils are for strengthening the current? I like the molarity, gravity, and 9mm ones.

With small talk, I'd like it even more if it was grammatically correct haha

Just an extra period and capitalization and such.

Color didn't make much difference to me.

By the way, are you getting CAS hours for this :D

sweetnsimple786, I am not all that happy with some of them, pretty much all of the ones I've ever made are up on that site. The 8 coils is a noose (properly made with 6-8 coils of rope). I apologise for my grammar on the small talk one, I made it at 1am (although I should know better HL English and all).

I have considered CAS hours for it, put several hours in i guess, but I already have about 500 hours and its not really worth the paperwork involved to get the hours for it. More personal enjoyment I guess.

they are quite amusing :( keep the good work up! like Graeme said we can have a little place for you here :P

and I've moved this to GIB instead of GIB chat as it's a bit more than useless chitchat, and I think deserves post count contribution.

haha love the humor! :(

definitely got potential~

honestly the colour and "neatness" of the drawings didn't really change anything for me. in fact i kind of preferred them a little bit "messy" (i actually didn't even notice the first time but *shrugs) as it gives it more of a rough sketch look

personal preferences here

i think it would be great if you could put some funny classroom experiences into a comic

maybe...might be a bit difficult since you'd have to explain what you we're going on about as well......hmm nevermind it's just my wishful thinking :P

Chelleee many of the ideas that im putting down are based on experiences I have had or friends have had, or personal opinons. Trying to integrate more but struggling with simplicity, maybe see some more like that soon.

Also as with the style I have not yet reached a personal opinion as what style I like best, might even try some more. Thanks for the opinions.

Heh, I used to draw comics like those when I was in IB but I never got as many ideas as you did. I think I only had about 4 comics. Anyways, yours are really good and I'd definitely like to see more comics (my favourite was the "Solutions to IB"). The colour in the two comics you posted here really made no difference to me, so you don't have to switch to colour just to improve the comics. Unless you personally prefer colour, in which case you should do what you like best. Keep up the good work =)

Ok i have two near ones up, and for those of you in other countries who are wondering from when i have mentioned it in the past SACE is the local regular school certificate that 99% of people do.

Again I would like to apolagise for the security issues I have been having with my website, I might just give up and start with a new provider, to get rid of all the security problems that are being reported with this website.

keep the opinions and ideas for suggestions coming, as well as any ideas you guys might have for future comics.

Thanks Redstar I think i prefer the slightly neater style and stuff of the more recent comics, I'll see where I go with this

Cheers deissi will remove the logo

Thanks for the vote of confidence Smid1345, probably havn't seen these ones elsewhere (all made by me in the last week or so) but many of the are somewhat universal (what a contradiction) so someone else may have made something similar maybe.

post-6177-124913205479_thumb.png

post-6177-124913206131_thumb.png

• Like 1