English EE topic

zaid93

zaid93,

Your extended essay topic is your own intellectual property; you need to pick a topic, including work(s) of literature, and then come here and ask for help. We don't even know what works you've studied!

Please read the EE rules, which can be found HERE.

Also, are you taking English as A1 or A2/B?

One more thing. Please refrain from text speak here.

Good luck with your search.

• Like 1

Indeed. We can't do your work for you. At the very least, choose a work (or works) you enjoy, and think about the themes and language within your choice (or choices). Decide on an area on which to focus, and devise a thesis. If you're stuck after all that, THEN you ask for help. :console:

Basically, give us something to work with!

• Like 1

We can't give you any suggestions that are too specific as the research question is something you've got to come up yourself, but I can give you some general suggestions.

Generally, I would steer clear of books that have had many EEs written about them. I'm thinking classics like Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters (although I wrote my EE on Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights and I got an A, so take this suggestion with a pinch of salt). One of the criteria for EEs is something like originality...can't remember the exact word they use. But basically it's got to show original thought and it's got to be interesting. So if plenty of people are writing about the same authors/poets/playwrights as you, then you better make sure you have confidence in what you've written.

Also, make sure your research question is focused and not too general. Make sure it's defined with the potential for a focused, distinct answer. Look up some old EE questions which have done well, and the official IB EE guide.

Good luck!

• Like 1