Help desk - Mini-questions about IBSurvival features

Tiara Angel

I just wanted to ask a question about the new reputation system. When you rep someone, will that person know who has repped them? Similarly, if you get repped, will you ever know who repped you?

Secondly, is it possible to open a helpdesk thread in the About forum so that people can post mini questions about the inner-workings of IBS without opening new threads?

• Like 1

I just wanted to ask a question about the new reputation system. When you rep someone, will that person know who has repped them? Similarly, if you get repped, will you ever know who repped you?

Secondly, is it possible to open a helpdesk thread in the About forum so that people can post mini questions about the inner-workings of IBS without opening new threads?

As Hien mentioned, at the moment, the current system does not allow you to see who repped you. However, this system will most likely be changed in the near future. We will most probably allow members to write a very brief reason for giving reputation such as "Thanks for the info!" or "Well written post", etc. However, we also have to be wary of people abusing the system, as unfortunately it seems human nature to abuse things where they can be abused -_- .

And regarding a "help desk", at the moment, just use this thread I suppose. We may introduce an "Ask an Admin" forum where you can ask whatever questions you want privately, and only admins/mods can see/reply.

As Hien mentioned, at the moment, the current system does not allow you to see who repped you. However, this system will most likely be changed in the near future. We will most probably allow members to write a very brief reason for giving reputation such as "Thanks for the info!" or "Well written post", etc. However, we also have to be wary of people abusing the system, as unfortunately it seems human nature to abuse things where they can be abused :D .

And regarding a "help desk", at the moment, just use this thread I suppose. We may introduce an "Ask an Admin" forum where you can ask whatever questions you want privately, and only admins/mods can see/reply.

Graeme, I personally like the idea of elaborating on reps. Sometimes when someone is helpful, I want to let them know I have acknowledged their helping hand. I know you admins and moderators don't like thank you posts but is it possible to write a brief comment while repping someone. This applies to positive reps, not negative ones.

Graeme, I personally like the idea of elaborating on reps. Sometimes when someone is helpful, I want to let them know I have acknowledged their helping hand. I know you admins and moderators don't like thank you posts but is it possible to write a brief comment while repping someone. This applies to positive reps, not negative ones.

That will be possible soonTM. :D

Was just wondering if you don't mind adding a new country + flag as long as I supply it and it's the same style so it doesn't look out of place? Dunno what's your stance on adding nonexistent countries but thought I'd give it a try :P

Thanks! And sorry if it's the wrong spot, didn't think a tiny flag deserved a thread and it seems you can ask for tiny tweaks in here...

Edited by TidusBlade

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Question: what browsers are compatible with this forum (when it's working with its full capacity i.e. Rich Text Editor works, automatic refreshing, etc.)?

I use Mozilla SeaMonkey and I can't use the RTE here, otherwise it works fine as far as I know.

Thanks!