Still Looking For The Right College in the US ?

Soy

heres an extremely good site, if you still don't know which college fits for you.

http://princetonreview.com/

they have this cool option where they tell you "type" of environment the school is, from the student prospective. It also lists the basics about the student population and maybe some new ongoing stuff with regards to the school.

What Florida State Students Say About...

Student Body

While the typical FSU student is a "sweatpants-wearing, Starbucks-drinking, Dave Matthews Band listener," undergrads point out that "there are so many students of so many different types here that the 'typical student' is a very poor representation of the school as a whole." While that 'typical student' hails "from a middle- to upper-class family in Florida," for example, many students here receive substantial aid packages, and about one in seven undergrads is from out of state. Students tell us that almost everyone is "highly involved in extracurricular activities," whether it's a "fraternity/sorority, sports, the arts, or one of the many school organizations out there." FSU students also tend to be people who "strive for success, but also know how to enjoy the social experiences college has to offer." "Each and every student has their own place at FSU, and all students share a common identity of garnet and gold."

Academics

You don't have to sell Florida State University to its prospective students; the school has established a clear and recognizable brand based on a tradition of "accomplishment in academics, athletics, and politics," and these are a source of "an enormous sense of school pride" for FSU's myriad devotees. Those traditions include a beloved football program, of course, but they're much more than that; they envelop a complete undergraduate experience that includes "a wonderful mix of both the academic and social spheres" and "an intimate social community," despite the fact that the "school is so large." Academics here "do an excellent job of preparing students for the real world," with standout programs that include an "amazing" international program that "encourages all majors to study abroad and bring many international students and teachers to campus," a college of business that "graduates some of the best businesspeople in the United States," an "extremely competitive" premed program, a "fantastic" music school, merchandising, education, criminology, and the only exercise science program in the state. Workloads in the research-intensive sciences are heavy; elsewhere, "It's just enough so that you have free time, but if you study and work hard you get a lot out of each class and a good grade." FSU's facilities are a mixed bag. Those that are good are fabulous; they include "one of the best career centers in the country, a state-of-the-art school of medicine, and magnet labs that are supposed to be among the most advanced in the country." However, as one student points out, while FSU's "incredible athletic facilities are great," other facilities "could be better taken care of."

Campus Life

Life at FSU is "very social oriented," with "events always happening" either on campus or off. Weekdays, "Campus is always a-bustlin'," with tons of activities, presentations, organization meetings, and casual get-togethers. On weekends, the options are somewhat more limited; some here describe weekends as "calm, even tranquil, except of course on game weekends," but most report that the weekend is a time to blow off steam. One student explains, "A lot of people at FSU are big partiers. We love to drink and have a good time. We find many excuses to drink: holidays, sporting events, or a day at the pool." Home football games are the ne plus ultra of campus activity, as football "becomes a religion in the fall." The games attract "most students and many out-of-towners," and pre-game and post-game parties are both de rigueur. "Most students here seem to be very physically active and involved in the outdoor pursuits on our campus, such as hiking, running, fishing, skydiving, rock climbing, etc." Intramural sports "are also extremely popular . . . anyone can play and every sport is offered, from football to dodgeball." Greek life at FSU "is everywhere," as the Greeks "have established themselves within the university community portraying strong leadership, service, and scholarship." From "fraternity parties and tailgating to seminars on how to become an effective leader, Greek life at FSU is very interesting."

Rank List

#11 Their Students (Almost) Never Study

#18 Party Schools

#10 Jock Schools

Other Schools To Consider

Students who considered Florida State University also looked at:

Arizona State University at the Tempe campus

Boston University

Florida A&M University

Florida Atlantic University

Florida Institute of Technology

Florida International University

Grambling State University

Marquette University

Morris Brown College

New York University

North Carolina School of the Arts

Texas Tech University

University of Central Florida

University of Florida

University of Georgia

University of Hawaii at Manoa

University of Massachusetts-Lowell

University of Miami

University of South Florida

University of Southern California

Statistics

Enrollment: 30,841

Average GPA: 3.62

Student Faculty Ratio: 21:1

Most Popular Majors: Criminal Justice/Safety Studies, Finance, General, Psychology, General

Regular Application Deadline: 2/14

More: General Info, Admissions, Student Body, Academics, Campus Life, Extracurriculars, Learning Disabled

Scholarships & Financial Aid

Out-of-State Tuition: $15,596

Undergraduate receiving need-based financial aid: 30%

Average freshman total need-based gift aid: $3,509

Direct Lender: No

they also do alot of rankings, from best campus food to hardest to get into, great features. they provide "good match" schools, "reach schools", and safety schools base on what you fill in.

• 1 month later...
I would say similar things aobut university of Florida as well.

it's one of the biggest party schools in US

it is currently #10 followed by the catch phrase "floridians know how to party"

i am still wating to hear if i get accepted to there or not.... i hope i do, but ty siad they don't get to any of their applicants until april.... which really sucks!

• 2 months later...
there s a really good seach engine for scholarships.... www.fastweb.com... i think that is what it is called you just have to sign up and they will senfd you some email regarding scholarships.

I used to have that, it sent me a lot of spam, well spam to me because I didn't qualify for a lot of them.

• 1 month later...
Fast Web does have a lot of spam but sometimes it is worth it to go through them because hidden amongst the spam are some excellent scholarships.

i don't think that there are a lot of scholarships for international students on there, and that is the problem Aboo was having.