Problem with UCAS email verification

decemberflower

Hi there,

I really hope I haven't missed a similar topic. But I do hopw that someone can help me:

Yesterday I registered at UCAS and already started filling out some stuff. Later I got the email that said I should verify my email address.

Before submitting your application, you need to verify that the email address you have provided is correct. In order to verify this, please log in to the UCAS website (http://www.ucas.com/students/apply) and enter the verification code shown below:

Well, if I do click on the link, though I just get to the the apply section, so i click login 2010 and then it won't let me log in but tells me my data is incorrect... So I made sure via "forgotten login" to have the right username and password several times... it still wouldn't work. I guess that is so because I haven't verified my email address. But where can I enter the verification code??

Sorry, I am usually not that bad with internet communities - I mean I have registered to many, many sites. Why it doesn't work this time, I have no clue. Maybe it has something to do with my googlemail account?

Please tell me if you have had similar problems and how you solved them.

Thank you!!

Viola

I actually had an identical problem with my UCAS! It kept claiming the login details were wrong, when I was only entering the password I set it to, and had written down on a piece of paper so I remembered which it was (and I recycle passwords, so I did't see how it was possible to be in error!). And of course I knew my username was correct.

What I ended up doing was ringing UCAS. I got a lady to reset my password and mysteriously after that it worked fine! :P

I'm still not sure that happened. I refuse to believe I somehow made an error writing the password down, had a mind blank AND invented a brand new password to use on the spot which I then instantly forgot. I actually think UCAS has some sort of technical issue on that front (or I'm just pig-headed and refusing to be wrong...! -_-). Anyway if you ring them they're very helpful. Mine was sorted in less than 60 seconds!

• Like 1

I actually had an identical problem with my UCAS! It kept claiming the login details were wrong, when I was only entering the password I set it to, and had written down on a piece of paper so I remembered which it was (and I recycle passwords, so I did't see how it was possible to be in error!). And of course I knew my username was correct.

What I ended up doing was ringing UCAS. I got a lady to reset my password and mysteriously after that it worked fine! :D

I'm still not sure that happened. I refuse to believe I somehow made an error writing the password down, had a mind blank AND invented a brand new password to use on the spot which I then instantly forgot. I actually think UCAS has some sort of technical issue on that front (or I'm just pig-headed and refusing to be wrong...! :D ). Anyway if you ring them they're very helpful. Mine was sorted in less than 60 seconds!

cool, thank you, now I don't feel so lonely anymore :P. i'll call them, then