Sign in to follow this  

Please help me choosing a title for my Physics EE

I would really love to write an EE on particle physics, somehow involving the Higgs boson particle or dark energy. I was thinking of maybe discussing the effect the discovery would have on the Standard Model, but my issue is that (as far as I now) I should preferably include an experiment, and I really have no idea as to how to do that (as my access to particle accelerators and the like is pretty much non-existent). Any suggestions for experiments?

Thanks beforehand...

Edit: I'm not actually looking for titles, rather ideas as to how I could possibly write an EE on the topic (in terms of research).

Edited by HelenaStage

Some topics aren't doable for EE's, and that applies to a lot of areas of science where the equipment needed for experiments is not available to students/ the EE is purely research-based. The EE criteria doesn't cater for all kinds of research questions that people come up with. Unless you/someone else can think of a practical way to test theories involving dark matter, I don't think you will be able to do the topic.

Not unless you have access to a particle accelerator. It isn't exactly the standard topic that you can do labs on, sorry.

Bur, if I recall correctly, it's possible to write theorethical EEs. Don't know how that works, but you don't have to conduct experiments.

• Like 1

Bur, if I recall correctly, it's possible to write theorethical EEs. Don't know how that works, but you don't have to conduct experiments.

And are they equally well graded compared to normal EEs?

Well, a girl in my year was writing a biology EE using leukemia statistics as her primary source.

But as my EE isn't in a science, I might have gotten something wrong, so just read the EE subject guide for sciences.

You're right.

However, experimental science EEs tend to score better than the theoretical ones.

I'd say choose a simpler topic. Something that can easily be done in a school science lab.

• Like 1