Psychology EE Examples

Saransh

Hi all, I just wanted to know if anyone can provide me with examples of previous psychology EE's. Im really interested in doing my EE in psychology but i have no topic in mind yet...which really sucks ofcourse.

I also wanted to know if psychology EE's are fairly easy to do or not.

Thank you very much.

Google "50 Excellent Extended Essays" and click on the first link. They have a load of exemplar essays as released by the IB (i.e. the ultimate in EE). If you did pick Psychology you should aim to emulate them :(

I don't know enough about Psychology to be hugely helpful, but what I would say is to do your best to make your topic one you're very interested in. These essays take AGES to write and will feel like your academic baby by the end (strange turn of phrase, but trust me). You should really do your best to pick a topic you're interested in, as it'll help you excel and also stop you wandering off in despair mid-EE.

Also, make sure you read the Extended Essay Guide for 2009 (you can google that too) as it'll really help outline to you what is expected for each subject, included Psychology in the subject-specific section. Stick to it like glue and you'll definitely do well!

When I was trying to pick a topic for my EE I originally wanted to do it in psychology even though I never took a class in it. However out TOK teacher said that it was best to stay away from them as (for my school anyways) the essays usually ended up being some narrative type on serial killer's and their mind set, or something like that. If you are taking a psychology course or you know a lot about it and can think of a good topic I say go for it. A psychology EE probably wouldn't be any harder than any other topic as long as you have it focused enough and you write it well. Just make sure you follow the right guidelines and you should be set. Talk to a teacher at your school who would know about psycholocy essays as well.

Good luck (: