Caitlin

What do you want to be when you grow up?

413 posts in this topic

I would love to become a dermatologist. Lots of fun. Help those teens with the problems I'm facing today. (:

I want to be a graphic designer. :o My dream job, though, is acting. Not going to happen, lol. Too much competition! But my second love is the visual arts, and I'm told creativity is a strength of mine, so graphic design feels right for me. My family thinks it's a cop-out job, but that's because they're Arab and the only suitable jobs in their minds are doctors/lawyers/engineers/business. Oh well! If graphic design is my passion, I'm going to follow it to the end. :)

lol im not arab but my family is the same except the options are sort of narrowed down to just DOCTOR

haha my family is indian and they are pretty much like that. well mostly my mom and it's usually just doctor or engineer :P . My dad justs want me to do something math or science or computer related. But I still have no idea what I want to do :rolleyes: .

I told my mom I wanted to be a Rapper and she slapped me across the face.

So now, I want to go into Law. Because ever since I was 4 and saw Thomas Jeffersons memorial, I fell in love.

I would love to be a writer and actually make a living off it,

but mostly likely I would end up with either a job in IT(Information Technology) or Marketing and write as a hobby.

:D Its funny, it seems like all parents want their kids to become Doctors and Lawyers.

hmm...I often hear from my peers how their parents want them to be doctors or lawyers, and how they have different ambitions.

It's quite the opposite for me.

My parents want me to go into business or even journalism (I'm a great writer), but I'm more geared towards Medicine as I find sciences and math quite intriguing. I'd like to see myself as a neurologist or neurosurgeon sometime in the future, the human brain has always fascinated me. Along with that I'd like to spend a few years, after i graduate from medical school (after having paid off my student loans of course) and before I retire, working for Doctors Without Borders. I've heard its a great program and I'd really like to get out there and help people. Anyone else have anything similar in mind?

Edited by notenoughsleep

I know that in the future I'll become some type of writer. Right now I've "narrowed" it down to freelancing, more specifically travel writing, probably for a big online publication like Matador. This is seriously my dream job; I could see myself travel writing for a good portion of my life.

My only concern is to make enough money so as to not give my mother a heart attack when she sees so much work in IB gone to waste. :D

I want to become a heart surgeon :) i always wanted to be one

just love how the human body ticks

i dont really mind being a general physician as well

anything to do with the human body is good for me 8-)

i will also probably be a doc since ive been given an offer from Newcastle with not so bad conditions :P

Apparently when I was a baby my mum stood over my crib whispering 'plastic surgeon plastic surgeon, give mummy a porsche' or something like that :P but it seems she also has a small hope that I go to Cooper Union and do architecture or something... In any case, I want to either become a psychiatrist or, in my crazy make-believe world, an incredibly successful living-in-New-York artist... but every few years or so I jump between thinking that becoming an artist is insane to thinking it wouldn't be such a crazy idea and would be really enjoyable instead... something about creating something out of nothing has always really appealed to me in the art side of things. Also working in Japan as an English teacher would be pretty brill :D

So, I have said I want to be either a psychiatrist or artist or English tutor, but I ultimately predict I will become an academic, teaching at some University somewhere. It's in my blood :(

When I grow up I want to be... big?

In chronological orderrrrrrrrrrr..

-Finish with the IB

-I'm thinking of Environmetal Engineering and/or Astronomy/Astrophysics so...

-Apply for scholarships in Germany and/or MIT and/or UC Berkeley

a. Scholarship for MIT ---> MIT NO DOUBT!

b. Scholarship for UC Berkeley --> UC Berkeley :)

c. Scholarship for Germany --> Study in Germany

-Finish my career, be the best of the class.

-Have good job offerings, get liike 3 billion bucks a year :) :) :)

-Find my soul-mate (have him find me, as well), marry him.

-The rest comes by inercia

-Finally, die in a star cluster :P

Everyone has such cool aspirations! :)

I would love nothing more than to curate! :D

Edited by computerlove

Finish IB . Then, I want to study Business at UT, Penn State, or UNC. Also, travel/study abroad and live in England.

I want to a the kind of person who looks back at the IB and how much I suffered but actually think it was worth it like all my teachers say it is.

And i want to be a journalist as well :D

Darn I was going to say tall and Supreme Ruler of the Universe. Those answers just made me giggle!

Okay serious now, I want to be either an archaeologist or a paleontologist. Wouldnt it be amazingly cool to discover something thats been hidden for vast amounts of time? To be forever labeled as the one person, of as one person in a group, to find such a treasure? Have your name written down in a history book and be thanked eons later for your contribution?

I absolutely love the concept both occupations bring to me. (Y)

I'd love to be either a pediatrician or a research scientist (in molecular genetics). Just hoping to get offers and then get those grades!

But in case I'll have the opportunity to choose between the two, I really don't know which one to choose. Those are two very different careers.. :D

I bet that the time of uni applications is the most stressful time in our lives. But I can imagine the feeling once you get a confirmed place!

Wish you all success with your applications! :)

I have some plans connected with law but I am not sure. if law maybe working in a court but mostly on crime cases? who knows?!

does anyone form here want to have in common with law?

I always wanted to study combination of economics and politics. I believe I am influenced by my father (economist) and uncle (successful politician) to pursue this career.

I found several universities that I find interesting and that suit my needs, so I will, hopefully, graduate there and then firstly find a job in the field of economics and at the same time 'build my name' in a political party. Later, I would like to be a diplomat of any kind with an ultimate agenda of becoming Minister of Foreign Affairs.

What about you guys?

definitely the hardest question ever...

I love writing and painting/drawing but I don't know that I could really make a living at that except as a teacher

I am also interested in bio-tech nano-tech and bio engineering and would love to study those in university but again no idea how to make a living off of that.

I also want to travle and learn every language I can so maybe I could be a professional translator

My real goal though is just to invent the transporter become a milti billionaire and have fun doing whatever without having to worry about money

I want to work with forensics, not because of the tvshow CSI...I just think its interesting! So first I have to study Biology at a random university here in Sweden, and then I'm going to continue studying with forensic science at Uppsala Univerity. Sounds so silly to be excited about studying ( im not a geek...well Im in the IB, so maybe a little) but once you know what you want to do and its something thats really interesting, then its just fun!

I'm not 100% sure what I want to do when I get older, but I've thought about directing films (oh how I wish the IB film course was offered at my school) or doing something involving writing.

I'm going to study Econ and PoliSci and then either get a law degree, an MBA, or both. I'm not sure whether I want to do law or business and what I want to do with them yet, though.

I have wanted to be a mechanical engineer since I've been 7 years old in grade 2. In middle school I started thinking of other engineering majors but now I still think mechanical engineering at UofT is the best way to go. I haven't started the IB course yet though(next year). Haven't really thought past Uni yet though.

Edited by Mort

I'd like to do something in the humanities area: law, english/literature, history, or political science.

-START IB(lol)

-FINISH IB with 40+

-Get accepted at Oxford for PPE/LSE for IR/St Andrews for IR/Georgetown for IR

-PEACE CORPSSSS!!!

-Work in US Foreign Service OR the UN

=D yupyup.