What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

• 2 weeks later...

Darn I was going to say tall and Supreme Ruler of the Universe. Those answers just made me giggle!

Okay serious now, I want to be either an archaeologist or a paleontologist. Wouldnt it be amazingly cool to discover something thats been hidden for vast amounts of time? To be forever labeled as the one person, of as one person in a group, to find such a treasure? Have your name written down in a history book and be thanked eons later for your contribution?

I absolutely love the concept both occupations bring to me. (Y)

• 1 month later...

I'd love to be either a pediatrician or a research scientist (in molecular genetics). Just hoping to get offers and then get those grades!

But in case I'll have the opportunity to choose between the two, I really don't know which one to choose. Those are two very different careers.. :D

I bet that the time of uni applications is the most stressful time in our lives. But I can imagine the feeling once you get a confirmed place!

Wish you all success with your applications! :)

• 1 month later...

I always wanted to study combination of economics and politics. I believe I am influenced by my father (economist) and uncle (successful politician) to pursue this career.

I found several universities that I find interesting and that suit my needs, so I will, hopefully, graduate there and then firstly find a job in the field of economics and at the same time 'build my name' in a political party. Later, I would like to be a diplomat of any kind with an ultimate agenda of becoming Minister of Foreign Affairs.

What about you guys?

definitely the hardest question ever...

I love writing and painting/drawing but I don't know that I could really make a living at that except as a teacher

I am also interested in bio-tech nano-tech and bio engineering and would love to study those in university but again no idea how to make a living off of that.

I also want to travle and learn every language I can so maybe I could be a professional translator

My real goal though is just to invent the transporter become a milti billionaire and have fun doing whatever without having to worry about money

I want to work with forensics, not because of the tvshow CSI...I just think its interesting! So first I have to study Biology at a random university here in Sweden, and then I'm going to continue studying with forensic science at Uppsala Univerity. Sounds so silly to be excited about studying ( im not a geek...well Im in the IB, so maybe a little) but once you know what you want to do and its something thats really interesting, then its just fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Red XII

I'm going to study Econ and PoliSci and then either get a law degree, an MBA, or both. I'm not sure whether I want to do law or business and what I want to do with them yet, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have wanted to be a mechanical engineer since I've been 7 years old in grade 2. In middle school I started thinking of other engineering majors but now I still think mechanical engineering at UofT is the best way to go. I haven't started the IB course yet though(next year). Haven't really thought past Uni yet though.

Edited by Mort

• 3 weeks later...

I always wanted to be a singer. That's it really. & Fly to the moon one day :)

I've applied to study at MI > (Musicians Institute) In California & Study to be an independent artist...

Currently waiting for a response.

I got into film making last year before the IB, but Visual arts and that kinda stuff has always been just a passion.

I've done a few gigs, and have been offered to record some of my stuff... Guess the only problem is, I've still got to do this ridiculous diploma which means... I've really got no time to be going for my dream just yet.

IB is depressing.. :/ But I've got faith in myself no matter how much I resent living everyday.

Life is starting to get a tad bit confusing.

Guess that's just a part of growing up though.

• 1 month later...

I want to be a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists) :]

I can be come a registered nurse with a BSN (roughly 4-years *not including IB credits*) and then a CRNA with a MSN (2.5 years). A lucrative career, but so rewarding in many other ways besides money.

I'm truly passionate about becoming a nurse, it has taken me a long time to decide what I truly wanted to do.

I believe nurses are under-rated for what they do :[

Edited by goTiffany

Military Officer... I know weird tongue.gif

its not wierd at all!! its actually pretty cool biggrin.gif

I wanted to be a Ninja when i was little tongue.gif

But now i want to be an entrepreneur (my goal is to be richer than donald trump if thats even possible..lol) fingers crossed!! <<now that is what you call wierd>>

I never wanted to be a Ninja. I prefered knights instead. Their heavy armors were sooo cool :D

But now my dream career would be working in a bicycle company. Or if that doesn't work, I want to become an engineer of an F1 or Le Mans racing team :D We'll se how it all goes anyway...