What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

I want to major in Sociology in University, in the United States. Then, I want to either get a masters in Business or go to Law School. If I choose the Business route I want to be involved in television management. Conversely, if I pursue Law, I want to become and Entertainment Lawyer; either way, both related to the Media Business. I'd also like to find a great girl during the process and have a nice family :D

I wanted to be a ninja, and still do...but since I haven't been able to find any recent job openings for professional ninjas, :P I think I'll settle on being a pharmacist. For me it's a good combination: it's science-related, I can help people, and it's full of chemistry.

I would love to be a sustainable architect. I love art...design...the environment...innovations...and money so as long as I'm successful, it's a good fit! :D I've just recently visited the University of Southern California, and they have a great architecture program, so I'm seriously considering studying there. :)

If for whatever reason architecture doesn't work out, I might pursue graphic design in advertising. That job would never get dull.

Edited by haley.the.great

Awww Desy that's so nice :D

I want to go into pharmacy because I think it's amazing how medicine can help people feel better and want to be able to give people the things they need to recover and get over their illnesses. Plus my sister wants to be a surgeon so we always joke about how we're going to work in the same hospital where she'll give the patient surgery and I'll be telling her what's the best medication for their treatment (as long as she doesn't operate on me :rofl: )

• 3 weeks later...

I want to do Law LLB in university, return to Hong Kong to sit the Law Qualification Exam, then become an apprentice solicitor for a few years and then finally practice law as a professional solicitor. I want to work at an international firm and go into international law of some sort - maybe international commerce or trade. I can speak five languages so I hope it'll give me an edge.

My real lifelong goal is to become a translator or interpreter though. I love languages and also learning about foreign cultures. Once I become a professional solicitor, I want to do some part-time courses at HKU or another local university and then try my hand at freelance translating/interpreting as a side job to being a solicitor. If it all goes well I want to become a full-time translator/interpreter.

But these are all just dreams... :rolleyes:

I guess for me its something to yet discover. I'm currently doing my LLB at LSE and then hope to go to Yale for a Masters in Business. Although if my master plan goes through as planned, I will be lying to my parents about Yale and apply instead to NYFA or maybe, if I'm lucky enough AFI (although that place is even more exclusive than Oxbridge, its the holy grail of film schools).

I've always wanted to be a lawyer, since I was little (ok, maybe not little, but about 11) and it's still my dream. What I'd really love to do is have my own law firm that would be like a charity for women who need legal aid and don't have money. I'd employ great young lawyers, pay them good money and they would provide these women with help (I'd do that too, of course). Also, it'd be like, full service: we'd be able to find shelter, help with finding a job etc. Simply, a charity law firm.

Unfortunately, it's probably not gonna happen, I'd need to marry a really reach guy to do so and I'm not exactly a gold-digging type. I'll probably end up being a boring tax lawyer or something. :)

• 1 month later...

Why being a plastic surgeon sounds weird? ;P

I wanna be a surgeon. I don't know for now what kind of surgeon (but definitely not plastic, pediatric or ortho)... It was not my dream since I was a kid (When I was 7 years old I wanted to be a lawyer... And it continued until I was 12). But now I know for sure ;)

And I hope that I'll manage to do so ;)

I think I'm the only one here that wants to be a Marine Biologist, maybe a biological illustrator (minor in art). Take some zoology classes as well.

I use to want to be a vet, I love animals, or be a doctor but I don't feel like being sued. I'm a ditzy blonde :P soo I make mistakes hehe.

A teacher :lol: Well, not really, but it seems the most practical, given my wide interests, which are French, art, and exercise. I used to want be an animator or some sort of commercial illustrator, but the pessimism that is IB kicked in, and well...

So now it's a French (immersion) fitness and visual arts teacher :D. Though I'm not sure which grade would be the least stressful to teach :blink: ...

Honestly. I have no idea.

Unlike other people, as I've gotten older, I've only gotten more and more confused as to what I want to do. Since I was 10, it was a surgeon. Then later i expanded to include maybe specializing in some sort of medical field. Then later I expanded to maybe private practice, or going into medical research. After that, I started considering basically ANY job in medicine, and maybe some job in business. Then, I started thinking about medicine, business, engineering, computer science, teaching, and even cooking (although I've never cooked...food just tastes so good! And cake boss makes it look fun).

As of now, with my last year of highschool, I think my choices seem to be leaning toward medicine, as science is something I love, and a job in medicine seems like the right job for me.