What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

• 1 month later...

I actually want to be an astronaut... I know. I know. "What a hopeless endeavor" "think of something more practical." I've heard it all but I stand by it. I've been fascinated by space for the longest time and I've always had a solid idea of what I want to do. Go to university. Get a PhD in Astrophysics, get experience after that then when the next Space Candidate program comes along I'll apply ^.^

I feel very passionate about this field of study so I'm crossing my fingers ;)

Guest Positron

^ When I was younger I dreamt of becoming an astronaut. It'd be so cool to explore the space and to see the Earth from space. Before that, I think I wanted to be a magician. I remember when someone once asked me why and my answer was something like: "Because then I could do whatever I want. If I needed money, I could just conjure it. If I wanted to be able to fly, I could just do it." :D. I'm not actually sure of my thoughts at the moment, but probably something to do with natural or social sciences. Law would probably be quite suitable for me, but I'm not sure if I actually want to become a lawyer...

BTW, there's at least one IB graduate (who's also Canadian) working as an astronaut http://www.atlanticc...edholt-ac83-85/ , maybe you'll follow in her footsteps.

Edited by Positron

My first post in this forum. Yay! :clap:

Interestingly, this question has baffled me quite a while ever since my junior year. True that my passion lies for pursuing technical degrees (math-related, sure..), but I started to grow doubtful with this decision. Main reason is because of career prospects here in my country, where people seem to be so business oriented. Parents are big influence too. Doh :(

Nevertheless, I do like numbers :D

i want to be an opthalmology surgeon :)

As one who suffers from uveitis, I commend your choice! The training is long and challenging, but the satisfaction of executing successful operations must be enormous. In developed countries with an ageing population there is an increasing demand for surgeons in general, and the employment outlook and salaries are excellent.

Good luck with your studies!

• 2 weeks later...