What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

i did like a quiz for this thing ..careers it said that i should be a teacher but i doubt it! i want to be a successful business woman..is too much to ask!

ya... u were lucky... the test i did said i should be a... farmer... nothing against farming mean i love to be around trees and plants (nature freak) and i'd like to boss around a cow to get it inside a barn... bt i dnt want 2 years of suffering with physics and math HL, trying not to cry my confusion and pain out in chemistry class, keeping myself from falling asleep in english class, laughing so hard that my face starts to hurt from my arabic teacher's political/social believes, and trying my utmost best to be at safe distance when my IT teacher opens her mouth in fear of the venomous breath that slams your brain shut! to go in vain as im sure any college (if there's any) that teaches farming wont require these subjects...

Guest cortneybeth

there are definitely a lot of IB students who want to go into medicine, business, or law. this could be because they want to change the world, or because they seem like high paying jobs.

i want to be a stage director.

because i do want to change the world!

I'd like to be a pianist.

(Why the hell am I taking the IB then?)

Other than that, I'd like to be an astrophysicist, a translator, a teacher, an artist, a lawyer, a traveller, somebody involved in foreign policy, a politician, or a whale.

Wow, I really don't know what I want to be.

Edited by Dan

Guest PollyPeptide
Other than that, I'd like to be an astrophysicist, a translator, a teacher, an artist, a lawyer, a traveller, somebody involved in foreign policy, a politician, or a whale.

:blush: I'd go for a whale!

No, but seriously. I envy you guys who have so many alternatives. If one thing doesn't work out, you can always take another. But I guess it makes it so much harder to choose, and that could be a pain as well. The only thing that interests me is medicine, or biochemistry at most. So there's really not much of a choice x]

Guest PollyPeptide

It does, but at the same time, it's so limiting. And if something goes wrong, or if you realize this career doesn't suit you, there're no other alternatives. I'd rather have something as back-up, so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly, I'm not sure. But as far as I know, if i get into MIT they say that the incoming freshman get their first year to pick what they want and that more than 70% of them have no idea what they wanna do. Maybe I'll become a...uh I'm not sure what it's called it's something like astuary or estuary, it's basically a job were you do math for the corporations and get a starting 6 figures a year B)

And if that doesn't work out then I'm going for Rocket Scientist. :crying: