What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

Everyone in the program at my school either wants to be a) some kind of doctor or B) some kind of engineer, so it is realy great to hear a whole bunch of other ideas. I am debating about law, but I would love to work in an embassy, have an ambassadorship, one can only dream

Frankly, I'm not sure. But as far as I know, if i get into MIT they say that the incoming freshman get their first year to pick what they want and that more than 70% of them have no idea what they wanna do. Maybe I'll become a...uh I'm not sure what it's called it's something like astuary or estuary, it's basically a job were you do math for the corporations and get a starting 6 figures a year B)

And if that doesn't work out then I'm going for Rocket Scientist. :D

:P I think you mean something to do with actuarial studies.

So many wants! Well, I *need* to get into Arts/Law at Monash, lie in there for about five years, and move into a journalism job which will eventually become high-paying and fulfilling. Then abandon it all for a career in charity work, and most likely die bitter and depressed (Bandev, we should be neighbours!). So, a good life.

But honestly, it all depends on what course I get into. Damn you IB, for being so...important.

Everyone in the program at my school either wants to be a) some kind of doctor or B) some kind of engineer, so it is realy great to hear a whole bunch of other ideas. I am debating about law, but I would love to work in an embassy, have an ambassadorship, one can only dream

Yeah I thought that would be nice too, but then I realised that I would have to kiss alot of *** to get there. But that is only my impression don't let me deter you.

@ shotaway I am glad(well almost blissful innocence is quite a beautiful gift) to see there is another person resigned to their fate.

Edited by Bandev

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanted to be an artist like Piccaso...but my parent destroyed my dream saying "u earn money when u are dead and most of them are poor"

So I changed my mind

I wanted to be a doctor!

Then again the dream was destroyed, my cousin told me the horrible experience she have as a doctor in the hostpital and the horrible test...

My dream change again...

Now I want to work something with people like psychologist and meybe a kinder garden teacher

• 4 weeks later...

clinical psychology.

Though probably I'll be half-way through my undergraduate and then decide that I really hate school in which case I'll probably just go into social work.

and if IB kills me and I don't get into any of my chosen schools I plan to go for film and try to be a director while living off my family.

• 2 weeks later...

clinical neuro child psychology.

psychology is my favourite subject and i would just love to work with children. however the Tertiary entrance ranking for this course is 96.8.... very high, i think i need to get a thirty or above to apply for the course!!

@ luisiscoolyo then you'v probably made the right decision to do the IB :P you know, what else are you guna think about on those long lonely hours as a truckie if not this uber crazy stuff they make us do...

@ topic (forgot who posted it :P ) at the moment i'm aiming at doing nanoscience research (hopefully at MIT, if i can get off my backside, get a good IB score and start the application process :) ). not entirely sure which particular area of it though. Also i want to be a part time muso, doing random jazz gigs and such. But who knows, if you ask me this 2 months from now, it might be different. Last year, my goals jumped around 5 or 6 different careers within the second semester.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I like law and debate, and I'd also like to be an ambassador.

But I'm really strong in the sciences, so I could also be a doctor.

However, I also love math (which I'm doing my EE on) and physics and chemistry.

I think my dream job would to be to work and research at CERN. :) But I highly doubt that'll ever happen (especially since my school is lame and doesn't have IB Physics :) ).

I'm sure I'll figure out what I want to do eventually...or I'll just end up in some boring job that I hate and after I realize that I'll go live in the mountains with a herd of goats...who knows? :)

Edit: Supposedly my color is yellow for this quiz. What's yours?

Edit again :) : Does anyone happen to know about the path I would take to get a job a CERN? I was researching universities that have majors especially having to do with particle physics, but I don't know what I should do other than that...

Edited by Mandiloquence

Guest syrianstar

Ever since I started IB I began considering medicine as my future career; frankly I don't see the point of doing chemistry and biology and physics (5 years GCSE not IB...thank God!) and not going to a scientific career at the end.

Still my mum is totally against the idea ("how will you get married, have children, manage a household??!" she asks horrified :0 ) so I'm still having trouble trying to convince her that I love the idea of becoming a doctor and going to places like Africa to help out there :)

We'll see what happens in the end.....I hope my parents don't win and I end up becoming a housewife LOL :)

• Like 1