What do you want to be when you grow up?

Caitlin

Maths is so far my best subject... my friends and I agree that Maths SL is pretty easy, but I'm not sure if I'd like to go into a maths-related subject in university.

I hope to get into medicine and become a doctor, and maybe join Medecins Sans Frontieres. I enjoy sciences and they're usually my strong subjects, but this year, especially compared to the science I studied last year, I've found it harder than I thought it would be! Biology SL is easy but I find Chemistry HL pretty hard.

Guest Lily Bean
Still my mum is totally against the idea ("how will you get married, have children, manage a household??!" she asks horrified ohmy.gif ) so I'm still having trouble trying to convince her that I love the idea of becoming a doctor and going to places like Africa to help out there biggrin.gif

I hope you didn't do IB to become a housewife :D . But that is an awesome dream :coffee:

Edit: Supposedly my color is yellow for this quiz. What's yours?

Mine is blue and yellow.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, my hard time answering that question was one of the reasons I chose the IB. I still don't have much of a clue though. I want to have a job where I can use my language skills, however I am also VERY intrersted in History, Politics and Religion and furthermore I kind of have a dream of becoming a successful business woman, because I think my great creative abilities should not go wasted.

Any tips of jobs including all these aspects? :D

my DREAM (no idea how achievable it is) would be to paint the backgrounds for Disney animated movies. However with the computer technology that's in existence... it's probably not very likely they need painters. So I'll possibly go into graphic arts?

really, I'd be happy helping in any way in creating a legendary Disney masterpiece.

But considering IB does nothing for me in this field (especially since our school doesn't offer IB art), I'll probably go to college for something more reasonable (history and literature?) and minor in art.

however I'm still without any idea of a career, excluding my disney fantasy :D

Actually, my hard time answering that question was one of the reasons I chose the IB. I still don't have much of a clue though. I want to have a job where I can use my language skills, however I am also VERY intrersted in History, Politics and Religion and furthermore I kind of have a dream of becoming a successful business woman, because I think my great creative abilities should not go wasted.

Any tips of jobs including all these aspects? :D

what about something along the lines of foreign affairs? because through that you can take many courses in foreign relations, history, political science (that kind of stuff =P)

what about something along the lines of foreign affairs? because through that you can take many courses in foreign relations, history, political science (that kind of stuff =P)

Yes, actually I think something like that would be very suitable for me, however I'm not really sure of WHERE I could possibly work with something like that. I know there are a lot of University courses along those lines, but afterwards I guess you don't search for such jobs through the employment office. Thanks for the tip! :yes:

Guest The X

Seems like many IBers are looking into Supreme Rulership of the universe. I remember back in first year, me and my mate decided that IBers had the most impacting and important judgement anywhere, even surpassing U.S. Secret Service...

I'm highly either going to be a physicist or going into medicine. However, after watching Iron Man, I've been leaning heavily towards the first :yes:

Oh, and of course, the most important. I have to have a Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster. There, all set!

Edited by The X

Guest The X
Yes, actually I think something like that would be very suitable for me, however I'm not really sure of WHERE I could possibly work with something like that. I know there are a lot of University courses along those lines, but afterwards I guess you don't search for such jobs through the employment office. Thanks for the tip! :yes:

Out from what you posted further up, I can't say anything but: The United Nations.

=)

• 2 weeks later...

this forum has given me so many ideas!

i think i want to go into something in the hospitality industry, probably either hotel management or a chef. i am very interested in travel, and i have heard that the big companies such as intercontinental hotels offer really good opportunities for that type of thing. i also want to persue something in the field of psychology or counselling, just in case i get too old/too tired of my aforementioned plan :P

still not too sure about the whole university thing....altho there is this course at i think oxford called PPP, to do with psychology and philosophy which sounds amazing.

--------------------

HL Psychology

HL Maths

HL Music

SL English A1

SL Chemistry

SL French B

• 4 weeks later...